T-Bone accident narrowly avoided

Reaction score
Country
United States
An SUV shot a red left turn arrow long after it turned red. Camera vehicle had to lift off the accelerator to avoid a collision. This occured at the intersection of Excelsior Blvd and 11th Ave S in Hopkins, MN.

Stuff like this seems to be happening more and more. Main reason I got a dash cam.

Yeah i see that often too, wish they had a tazer build into the seat i could activate remote :mad:

I was hoping to get the license plate number off the footage to report the incident to the police. It was too fuzzy unfortunately.

Yeah at night even the best dashcams struggle when it come to plate readability, and i fear we will not see improvements there within the next couple of years.
Need more light sensetive CMOS chips so the camera can maintain a faster exposure time when it is dark.
Even with thodays chips you will notice some motion blur at the edges of footge even on cloudy days.
But with blue skies and plenty of sunshine its possible to get razor sharp images, i have notised this with the innovv C3 filming out the side of my car, when the sun is there i can blast past somthing at 80 km/h and get good footage, but as soon as the sun is behind a cloud the motion blur rear its ugly head.

Then again its not allways needed to capture the licenceplate of the other guy in case of a accident, but in a case like this it woud be nice to have somthing to forward to the right persons.

I have yet to capture footage good enuff to forward that to the police, and i am obliged to do so since we have built out society to in some areas be like the former eastern Germany.
Morally you are supposed to rapport any crime to the police, but dont be supriced if when you call them they say to you " go frak yourself" as they are so downsized that they now have to prioritize witch crimes they choose to handle.
Offocurse most dont bother with ther civic duties, and so you see ppl get robbed and worse in plain sight of others, and nobody do nothing, not even picking up ther cellphone. :(

We dont even have vehicular manslaughter here, so if you wish to OFF some one, then get drunk pop some pills and run the guy over, then your sentence will be fra from the 16 year you get for murdering some body.
Offcourse if you murder a policeman or simmilar you will get way more than 16 years, they are "special" ppl so killing one of them is worse than killing a regular Dane. :(

Back