T-bone Collision

Why did they run away from the wreck?

Reactions: Mtz
That Honda got chewed up :eek: nice it can be chalked down to a learning experience.

The car was smoking and they were afraid it might blow up.
Must have been watching the A-Team to run that far that fast :D

Very hard to blow a modern car up.

CRV in another accident! :eek:

Lucky the lumber didn't spill onto your side of the road.

Difficult but not impossible. If it were me and the car was smoking I'd make those two look like they were out for a Sunday stroll. :woot:

When I got drivers ed, one of things I learned is just what you said. In my numerous years, with 34 years of driving, only a few times have I seen maybe several car fires, despite seeing hundreds of accident aftermaths. I have never see a car blow up.

CRV in another accident! :eek:

When I got drivers ed, one of things I learned is just what you said. In my numerous years, with 34 years of driving, only a few times have I seen maybe several car fires, despite seeing hundreds of accident aftermaths. I have never see a car blow up.

The driver of this white CR-V had to be playing with his phone or having some kind of seizure, right? How in the hell does that happen!?

When you're shaken up you don't always think straight.
My first crash on a motorbike left me on the roof of the car that had pulled out. My first thought was to get to safety, so I jumped/fell down from the roof and ran off. I even ended up crossing a road when there was no benefit. :whistle:

But yeah, it was in the 80s and the A Team had just started showing!

They were kids, basically teenagers so it was probably their first car crash. That might be why they ran. Your brain is in development until 25.

When I was 16 a lady rear ended me and totaled my 1983 Monte Carlo. I almost soiled myself.

Am I the only one who still looks out for traffic even when my light's green? With the greatest of respect, that truck wasn't hard to see!

We're taught hazard perception in our test (although 99% of drivers forget it as soon as they're released into the wild)

Am I the only one who still looks out for traffic even when my light's green?...
When I'm first in line at a red light I always wait a couple of seconds before proceeding if there's any cross traffic at all. You never know when one of those folks who are slowing down for the red light will change their mind at the last second and blow through. Not quit so careful when my light's been green for a while.

Last edited:
Yep, when I'm first at a light and it turns green, I take my foot off the brake to let those behind me know I'm not asleep but I crawl into the intersection till I can clearly see that I'm not about to get creamed. It's saved my bacon more than once.

Yep, when I'm first at a light and it turns green, I take my foot off the brake to let those behind me know I'm not asleep but I crawl into the intersection till I can clearly see that I'm not about to get creamed. It's saved my bacon more than once.
Smart

...I take my foot off the brake to let those behind me know I'm not asleep but I crawl into the intersection....
That could be dangerous around here. Too many people equate the brake lights going off the same as the green light at the bottom of the 'Christmas tree' at a drag strip and go regardless of whether the car in front moved or not. I was a witness to such an 'accident' a few years ago and the LEO I was giving my statement to said he responds to that type of incident 2 or 3 times a year.

You know what it's only after reading this I remembered a situation happening to me a couple of years back... I did exactly this, taking my time moving off to turn right onto a main road, I had a high-sided vehicle in the lane to my left, and it was probably a clear 2 full seconds a van coming from my left, turning into the road I was coming out of, almost wiped me out. I stopped just in time as he barrelled through, to the shock of several witnesses! The high-sided vehicle to my left gave me no chance of seeing anything but I'd taken for granted after 2 whole seconds I'd be safe enough to commit!!

That could be dangerous around here. Too many people equate the brake lights going off the same as the green light at the bottom of the 'Christmas tree' at a drag strip and go regardless of whether the car in front moved or not. I was a witness to such an 'accident' a few years ago and the LEO I was giving my statement to said he responds to that type of incident 2 or 3 times a year.
i'd much rather get a nudge from the back than to get t-boned by someone moving at a much higher speed! lesser of 2 evils for sure

I wouldn't have my foot on the brake, why go to the effort of holding it down with your foot all the time you are parked when you can put the parking brake on while waiting?

If you don't have your brake lights on while waiting then people behind cant use them as drag strip lights - problem solved :)

Back