Tesla "side cam" catches an Uber door dinger

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
This video could go into other sub forums such as factory installed dash cams OR into the side cam forum. Thought I would post here as it shows the value of a side cam, but also it appears Tesla has improved its video.

You may able to sue a taxi company over something like this, but I don't know what happens in the case of Uber

Defensive driving from this / lesson learned
After seeing this video, if I get the impression someone may open the door, such as taxi, I driving wide of them. We have lots of cases where people open the doors without looking to the side and they hit a cyclist.

That ( paired with a cyclist ) don't happen as much here as you would expect in such a prominent pedal-plusher nation as Denmark.
I think its more natural for us to look for such things before you open the door.
In a nation like USA where "mass" cycling are a pretty new concept, i could imagine many a hipster going flying or stopping quite abruptly.
Here stopping curbside on the Left cars are the danger, on the Right cyclists are the problem as the door would open in over the bicycle path.
And of course in the few places without a bicycle path, cars passing you in your stopped car will be a problem on the Left too.
The norm are to scoot over the rear seat and exit on the Right, still way less danger of getting hurt badly there than on the other side where cars buzz by.

Not that you dont see parents stop and then unload their small or infant child at the driver / road side door, but that just go to prove Danes also harbor a large population of stupid people.

Back