Test driving a Mercedes, almost wrecked

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

At the last minute the Merc decides to turn.

This was what he was shouting:
"What? How the F* were we suppose to know. What the F* is your problem man. Sorry then"

I was lucky enough to stop in the nick of time. Both my tyres and brakes (rotors/pads) are under 1 year old.

You can spot the poor sales woman in the back seat of the Merc. I was laying on the horn seeing as they weren't stopping nor changing course and I was running out of lane. I was braking as hard as I could. You could see my nose dive while theirs didn't.

I wonder if the Mercedes blind spot system came into play for them as it didn't look like they intended to stop on their own. Did the vehicle's system intervene and braked on its own?

Looks deliberate to me...

Certainly a time that you want to have a working dashcam!

Maybe they're hoping for a discount if it's 'dented'?

Maybe they're hoping for a discount if it's 'dented'?
Always best to test features such as automatic braking and collision avoidance before you buy, just in case they don't work!

""What? How the F* were we suppose to know.""

- clearly commenting on the lack of a collision warning from the car!

Based on the brake light use prior to the lane change, I wouldn't have been planning to go passed at that point, although I think most people would have. A solid white line only gives legal protection!

Before the incident to show that there was no road rage prior. The guy just went ape sh* before I even came to a complete stop :android:

I don't think this car has all those fancy collision warning. I found the car's ad and its pretty cheap. 2013 c250. I thought it was going to be a expensive car :unsure:

meree.jpg

I don't think we will ever get an explanation, and there is not really much you can learn from it, apart from maybe not using your horn because it rarely does much good in a situation like that and could make things much worse if the other driver has mental issues!

If it was in UK then I might suggest submitting the video to the police website. Clearly dangerous driving which could easily receive a fine + points just based on your video, and the "road rage" could also interest them. At least then you could feel that you have dealt with the issue.

I found the car's ad and its pretty cheap. 2013 c250. I thought it was going to be a expensive car :unsure:
The majority of Mercs are basically just cheap German taxis that have been sold at a high price! They do make a few decent ones too.

Again you forget that Mercedes = right of way.

And, of course, it's the passenger running his idiot mouth about the driver's sh***y driving.

...apart from maybe not using your horn because it rarely does much good in a situation like that and could make things much worse if the other driver has mental issues!

False. I would continue laying on the horn the whole time that moron was hanging out the door yelling.

Back