Texting

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
You would think people would learn wouldn't you.
this girl passed me while texting and then almost looses it on the roundabout onto the kerb

She's an idiot, and so is anyone else who does this. And I see that the Daily Express is advocating a one-year driving suspension for anyone caught driving and texting. Something has to be done because the practice only increasing.

Today i was shaking my finger at a girl in the lane next to me, who was allso waiting for the light to turn green.

There was 1 of 2 Things going on as she mainly looked down into her lap and then once in a while up at the light, so i figure, either she was fingering herself or she was on the smartphone.

Either way, not somthing you are supposed while driving. :D

PS. i was kinda hoping for the first thing as i honked my horn to get her attention, she was a fine example of a blonde Danish cutie pie.:D

I didn't see her indicate either.
French Car + Female Driver = TROUBLE

A femaled passed me in a Renault this morning and I could have sworn she had an iPad resting on the steering wheel.

French Car + Female Driver = TROUBLE

A femaled passed me in a Renault this morning and I could have sworn she had an iPad resting on the steering wheel.

Lada Russian car + Russian driver = Dealth

Today i had a woman in a small van follow me for +3 Km while she was constantly on the phone, so she have earned a spot in my next compilation.

Sadly as i was ready to exit my car and go and verbally abuse her, the following 2 intersections was green light and i finally made a R turn.

Her luck ;) as today have been a :mad: day for me right out of the bed.

Today i had a woman in a small van follow me for +3 Km while she was constantly on the phone, so she have earned a spot in my next compilation.

Sadly as i was ready to exit my car and go and verbally abuse her, the following 2 intersections was green light and i finally made a R turn.

Her luck ;) as today have been a :mad: day for me right out of the bed.

please be careful, here in NZ, we don't need to touch someone, to be convicted of assault. We also have a hotline to volunteer offenders committing traffic offences, for closer attention by the police

Why would you verbally abuse her? As soon as you resort to abuse you have taken the lower ground. If anything I would just have politely told her that she was breaking the law, in the UK.

In the UK verbal abuse is classed as road rage which is one reason we install dash cams!

I agree 100 %, but yesterday was a bad day for me, had it been a good day i would just have told her to get off the damm thing.

2-3 years ago i would not even had notised her, and for sure i would not have bothered getting out of my car, but things have changed since my brain meltdown.

Dear lord i wish i again could ignore all the things that bother/ annoy me, but sadly i can not do that or atleast only to a very small degree, and i its slowly ruining my life. :(

Local facebook recently, someone moaning about being tailgated & the guy also had his mobile pinned to his ear.
One of the comments "get a life saddo, go grass someone else up".

About time. Everyone involved in a shunt should have their mobiles confiscated immediately so they can be checked at the side of the road.
In fact, it's about time dashcams were made compulsary.

It's not often that I say I like a phone app but on my Nokia lumina 1020 when using Bluetooth there is an option to switch on car mode and one of the responses you can setup is if you receive a text the phone wont make a noise it just sends a text back to say you are driving and will contact them later. I have amended my response to be "I am enjoying my driving pleas go forth and multiply"

With the complexity of phones, I wonder if something could be installed (deep in the base code) which detects that the phone is moving faster than walking pace - which can use the phones second cam to look for indications that the user is driving so it can block phone use? (Obviously this is off the top of my head & needs a tweak).
Or maybe something done in tandem with manufacturers whereby transcievers are built into the driver's side, linked to the car's computer, which can be detected by the phone - so the phone wouldn't work unless connected to bluetooth or linked via cable to in car system?

That Samsung app I posted about previously gives this type of functionality, I'll see if I can find the link

Just remembered this...
http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/m...-oncoming-traffic-remains-a-mystery-1-6102391

"speculated that Miss Walden may have been momentarily distracted by her mobile phone, which had received a text message around the time that the crash took place - however the court heard that the message could have arrived seconds after the collision."
Her car had a black box installed - I'm no expert on these but assume they have gps, g-sensors & timestamp as minimum?
"phone – which was found in the foot well of her car after the crash – could not be interrogated due to a locked pin code."

With all the tech available these days, hard to believe it couldn't be unlocked.
I wonder if it's not so much a mystery but facts were left out due to the highly distressing nature of the case?

Back