Texting

don't have to take your eyes off the road for long, check the timer on this one
Yeah, looked to be about 7 seconds from his last glance to his 'last' glance - 14:29:45 to 52sec.
I've seen similar vids before - hence why I wondered about the legitemacy of the inquest in my above post.

She's an idiot, and so is anyone else who does this. And I see that the Daily Express is advocating a one-year driving suspension for anyone caught driving and texting. Something has to be done because the practice only increasing.

I think rather than just having a fine, the police should seize your phone plus its sim, and instruct the networks to not issue you a new sim for your phone number if you get caught using it while driving, and not let you have it back for at least a week on the first offence, a month on the second, and smash it in front of you along with any others you have in your possession on the third. At which point you should also be banned from carrying a phone in a car.

don't have to take your eyes off the road for long, check the timer on this one

What an excellent example of just how quickly disaster can strike when you take your eyes off the road. This is the kind of footage that should have been broadcast globally in newscasts to raise awareness of the danger of distracted driving. Thanks for sharing.

Volkswagen's call on the subject hope its effective.

Thanks, Jimbo. This is another good example of how quickly things can change when your concentration is diverted. This has been posted previously but it is always good to be reminded.

On one of the 'cops with cams' progs, they saw a guy driving with his mobile pinned to his ear.
They pulled him & by the time they got to his car, the mobile had gone!
A search of the car revealed nothing. However, after contacting his firm, they got his number & rang it - suddenly, his arse started ringing - he'd stuffed it down his underwear - where the police couldn't look (not allowed unless suspec drugs?).
After ages of messing about then taking the guy to court, he was given a slap on the wrist.

It so annoys me that Governments waste days, or even weeks as well as ££millions putting new laws into place, only to then start letting off the lawbreakers.

Back