Thanks to you . . . now I get . . . what I want . . . . . . . . . (traffic shortcuts)

Not familiar with American traffic rules, but it seem to me that clip is made of all fail :D one could even be tempted to say its Russian level fail :eek:

3 major fails I see. One, the white car tried to exit the freeway via the entry ramp to get out of the jam, which would mean he'd go the wrong way. Two, no mirror or shoulder checking before he turned. Three, grey car driving on the shoulder to get around the jam.

Police would be busy writing tickets for a while. :D

hehe :D that honk said it all.

1st vid: car ahead saw the other guy trying to bypass and blocked him knowing full well, trying to scam the accident
2nd vid: now we just need side view dashcams, I'm thinking about getting some myself.

Recently had a town cop stake out the same location for ticket writing, today he caught a guy who passed me at maybe 55mph but then slowed down, saw the cop, limit is 45mph, trouble is I know that the town cops use Ka band radar. Guess what I run a high end radar detector and I didn't get a beep, even if it was a laser, I'd get some splash over from the beam, since the guy passed me on a slight curve. My problem is with the cop flagging people down without using the proper equipment to measure their real speed.
I got video footage, I was going 50mph via GPS, and the car passing me, no radar beep, and the cop going after the guy, funny as soon as the cop pulled out the car that overtook me suddenly applied the break for half a second, then changed lanes, then took the slow lane and attempted to take a side street. LOL Cop followed him with lights on after the side street turn, hehehe.

Cop's excuse of "we're trained to estimate the speed" is bullsh!t, use the tools, or don't write the ticket.
A threat of a ticket is far greater if the cop were to give a warning than after the person has paid the fine. :D

Why is the camcar in the acura merge in that lane?
I would have been in the right one there

Why is the camcar in the acura merge in that lane?
I would have been in the right one there
because after those 2 lanes exit from the main freeway, they split and go different directions. this is very common in the US. for example, lane 1 (far right) probably goes south while lane 2 goes north.

Two, no mirror or shoulder checking before he turned.
If they were going to do an illegal turn, why should they bother checking their mirrors? :D

One guy ignoring the rules is a menace.
Two guys ignoring the rules is a crash.

because after those 2 lanes exit from the main freeway, they split and go different directions. this is very common in the US. for example, lane 1 (far right) probably goes south while lane 2 goes north.
Yes, after. My point exactly.

Yes, after. My point exactly.
in heavy traffic, it makes good sense to have 2 lanes exit, especially when connecting to another major highway. in houston, which is only a little bigger than atlanta, there are several highway interchanges like this. where US 290 splits away from I-610, there are three lanes going to each highway. though right now due to construction, only 2 lanes go from 610 to 290, and 3 lanes go to 610. but you get the idea.

Cop's excuse of "we're trained to estimate the speed" is bullsh!t, use the tools, or don't write the ticket.

The radar is used to confirm the visual estimate...so they are using the tool. The only tool to complain about is the one that speeds excessively....the foot tool and the brain tool.

A threat of a ticket is far greater if the cop were to give a warning than after the person has paid the fine.

You want a warning? It's called a "Speed Limit Sign." Isn't that warning enough? It's big...with a rather large easy to read font...black and white...kinda stuck out there for everybody to see...Id say that's a warning. If you ignore the sign...the legal limit is actually written down on a big ass sign...then why would warning do any better? A warning ticket vs an actual ticket....cost vs no cost...no cost...no change...add cost..now that generally equals change in behavior...I don't want to have to pay the fine again...so I change my driving habits.

I suppose we could gripe all day about it....nobody wants a ticket...absolutely nobody...but more than a few of us deserve them. How many times do you say "look at that guy! Man...if I was a cop..." Trouble is...sometimes, though we will never admit it...we're all that guy at least once in our life.

Suck it up...speed if you want...don't gripe if you get caught.

Back