The App

IronDuke

Reaction score
Country
United States
A brand new owner of the a 522 front a rear camera and so far really pleased with the units.....What I'm not pleased with is the App

1- On the opening page, why do I have a shop now ad....I already shopped and bought your product....can this be removed?
2- When I crank truck my phone always ask if I want to connect to camera, why can't this be done auto?
3- When unit is on and I can see on phone I only get vertical(portrait) pic not horizontal(landscape), Why?
4- When I try to delete pics/vids it say I have protected......which way does protect button need to be for it to be unprotected

When I unboxed and installed units I need 2 firmware updates....I click ok let do it....I got NO signal that it was actually DLing the updates till it was finished, and the last one 23. something had to be done a second time....I must say if this is the best that they can do, and no fixes for my problems ......think these cameras will be on ebay next week

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to post your questions, hopefully I can help below:

1. Unfortunately there is not a way yet to remove the adverts from the home screen of the app. I've passed on your feedback to our Development Team to action. You can turn off the marketing notifications in the menu settings on the app.
2. I'd recommend checking that your permission settings are enabled as this should be automatic: https://nextbase.zendesk.com/hc/en-...on-are-needed-for-the-MyNextbase-Connect-app-
3. The image should be shown horizontally across the screen. If you open the image, does it then show across the screen? You can use the full screen button for this.
4. When the 'Protect' function is activated on the 522GW, a file containing 10 seconds prior to the incident and 20 seconds after is written to the Protected folder. The Protected Files are recorded for three different reasons:
4.1. The G-Sensor on the camera automatically protects the footage when unusual G-force is detected. You can adjust how sensitive the G-Sensor is within the camera's settings:
A) Turn the Dash Cam on
B) Ensure it is not recording (by pressing the red circle if required)
C) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
D) Go into Video settings
E) Scroll across to ‘G-Sensor’
F) Change this to Medium, or Low.
4.2. The Protect Button is pressed (the Nextbase button under the screen).
4.3. Parking Mode footage.
To delete the protected footage, we recommend formatting the SD card.

5. When the dashcam receives power it will automatically start up and record. When you are starting your truck, your power source (either 12V or hard wire kit) is being supplied with power and the dashcam is automatically activating. If you don't want this to happen, I'd recommend removing the power cable from the socket and only plugging it in when you want the camera to record.

Here's how to format the SD card to delete all the footage, including the protected clips:
a) Turn on the Dash Cam
b) Stop it recording
c) Open Settings
d) Go into Setup
e) Click 'Format'
f) Follow the instructions.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process. It's crucial to format the SD card every two weeks to avoid any SD card failures.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back