The best current dual camera setup wanted

ninja_geezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can you please recommend the current best dual camera setup please i was looking at the blackvue dr650.
with new custom firmware is this the current best ??
cost not really an issue i just want what you think is the best.

looks nice but not very discrete !
is this the best and why ?
can i buy it the UK ?

It's the best quality at the moment, though there is no really perfect 2 channel set up. They're still working out some bugs on the X2, though when done it should be a winner. You can buy it from @niko in the UK.

Alternatively you can buy two cameras, as most of us do, so you can tailor match both cameras and not put all your eggs in one basket in case one breaks.

True the front unit is not that discrete but many ppl have been able to make it blend in good with the rear view mirror, but it do take a little modifying as there is some bling on the front of the camera and most of us westerners prefer discrete cameras ( some paint the housing and some put some form of wrap on it )
It is made with the sony IMX322 sensor and the brand is good at keeping updates comming with new firmware updates.
I do belive our friend @niko in Dublin store the panorama X2

You might want to browse thru this thread. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...xmor-cmos-wdr-gps-24-7-parking-mode-rec.6774/

There is allso the sibling X1 but they you will have to find room for 2 main units as the X1 is more or less the rear camera from the X2 in a housing of its own.
The current X1 dont have gps, in the future there will be a model with a external GPS antenna, and a model with a radar detector build in too.

Street guardian sell ther own version of the X1 with another modelname, and as panorama they dont walk avay from buyrs so there will be exelent firmware support allso.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/panorama-x1-remote-lens-sony-exmor-imx322-wdr-gps.8500/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back