oppconsulting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
I1000 F70 DVR Dash
i searched so if im wrong delete or move

im far from a expert lets get that out to

but since age 18 i have been installing car radios and alarms then i moved to wireing police lights and other stuff in cars

first get a really good pair of wire strippers this is the kind you want
https://www.ebay.com/itm/181376018876
then a 40 watt soldering iron the higher the wattage the faster and easier it heats the thicker car wires

then get familiar with the local dealer of your make of car you will be asking for wiring diagrams allot

then look over ebay and other web sites for panel tools

the better the set the less damage you will do a good set can remove vents pretty much every part on a car

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...nkw=car+panel+removal+tool&_sacat=0&_from=R40

then i use external fuse boxes so not to damage the car computer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/331176184534
this is the type i like easy side plugs but there are better more expensive ones but as long as you use the covered waterproof plug connectors it has always worked

now some explanation on wiring yo want to trace the wire as close to the source (IF your wiring a horn or a camera to turn on off with car power)

you then use the wire strippers gently put the top on the wires and squeeze you will see the cover slide apart if it was done right

then take a wire that goes to what your trying to power

wrap the wire tight carefully heat with soldering iron i dont prefer and type of solder some do

the solder it you will see the solder sink into the wires like water then take it off and find a good tape to wrap it with most electric tape is garbage and will melt after time so dont use that

now the fuse box way most often doesn't require and solder or wire splicing unless the connector

now most cars have two spots you can connect the box the battery or the other connection they say to use jumper cables on

now pick one you can mount and hide this box now ebay is hard to find a ground block for all the ground connections

all you need is a piece of metal put a bunch of screws on it and bolt it to the body frame i usually sand a shiny spot to get a good ground

your now done

just run the power wires to the fuse box and ground to the plate you made just make sure the fuse is in the watt amp draw range of the device your going to use

this way is great for horns but horns i recommend a relay so you dont blow the system

its good for most any lights fog inside outside leds strobes anything imaginable

but like horns the cameras that require power on with the key get a diagram from dealer trace and splice the wire

most newer cars have so much computer systems its easy to blow the whole system so wire at your own risk

second part allot ask about how do you hide so good

thats easy at least up to 2003

the front corner panels just garb fir and yank off its pressure clips

once thats off yo can run along the head liner the miniature zip strip help the wire stay above headliner

some like my Buick that panel opens a dash hole you can drop wires down

then remove the under dash panel zip strip the extra wires nice and neat now find a wire a hole to zip strip it to so its out of site

some cars the kick panel has to be removed some dont

some cars the step panels have screws some dont

no kick panels and step guards like my car didnt have to come off i just ran my finger under them (warning that really hurt finger after awhile lol)

now if your more gung ho that me pop all the panels and run it under the carpet there's a master wire bundle under the carpet but thats really extreme and not needed unless running allot of wires just sticking them under the panels will be perfect

the back seat can stay or be removed depending on how hard it is to stash the wire from site

now the rear pillar panels are the same as the from i did find something new on my Buick

pillar paned had trees on it this is where the panel tools above come in handy

pull the tree as i call them out carefully with the tool and slide it into the slots on pillar panel

thats the basic of wiring most anything to cars and allot apply to trucks to the slower and more careful you are the better the results will be

in cars the driver side most of the the time is where the master wire bundle is that has brake turn all that

thats the proper place to place after market items not inside the lights again the dealer will have detailed diagrams the web might to but be careful who you trust

one thing i forgot a tool you cannot do this without or live without
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281137706116
or any other test probe meter use the meter before you cut or splice wires it will tell you if its the right wire

good luck and have fun

Back