Cameras to be installed in Road Code test's rooms and driving test's vehicles

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
The Portuguese government passed recently a law that will come into effect this month of September, making mandatory the video and audio recording of theoretical and practical driving tests because of suspicion of corruption. There are already several cases being investigated or tried, of driving schools, instructors and examiners taking money to pass the learners. One of them has 111 defendants.

At the moment I don't have any info on how the driving schools are going to apply the law to their cars/bikes/trucks or what type of cameras they're going to use. All I know is that they'll have to install them in every car/bike/truck because learners take the test in the driving school's vehicles.

Knowing how people's minds work in this country, the way some laws are applied to reality and also from the dashcam business point of view, it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. :)

I hope it improves things. Where I live, I watched the State examiner renew an elderly man's license and he could not read even the first and largest line of the eye chart- the requirement is a minimum of line 4, which is much smaller. Such practices show in the average drivers here.

Phil

I hope it improves things.
Me too, at least for the corruption part of it, because paying to pass the tests or passing them with their own merit, there will always be bad drivers out there.

Where I live, I watched the State examiner renew an elderly man's license and he could not read even the first and largest line of the eye chart- the requirement is a minimum of line 4, which is much smaller. Such practices show in the average drivers here.

Phil
We already took care of that part. To renew the licenses, the drivers had to go to a doctor to get a medical certificate stating that everything was alright with their eyesight, hearing, reflects, etc. In the old days, people paid a doctor to write that certificate without being checked, so we ended up having drivers not fully capable to drive with their licenses renewed, much like the example you gave. Now we have to go to a certified doctor and only the medical certificates passed by those doctors are accepted when renewing the license.

My friends fathers licence should have been taken avay about 10 years ago, sadly he is still driving though he mostly stay in #2 or lower gear ( not that he drive slow )
Both his knees is so fawked up he can hardly stand, both his ears dont work, at least not if he have forgotten to crank up his hearing aid.
And judging by the Skoda estate he drive he is either a semi pro rally driver on weekends, or just enjoy full contact driving.

When a doctor refuse to renew his licence, he just get another doctor who will :( :mad:

He did kill a kid 15 years ago or so, not that it was his fault, he was driving on a fast 80 km/h road near town and going thry a intersection with green light, the kid on a dirtbike just appeared in front of his car, the kid was dead instantly in a pretty nasty looking pool of blood.

Back