They Didn't See That Coming.

All i can come up with is WTF ???

The best is she keep talking about where the candle supply is, with a helium voice at the end, as it still is the most important thing.

A loading dock with that design would never fly here, no doubt Danes are stupid enough to also drive off that "cliff"

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a chain or something in front of the dropoff?

I see and use docks like that pretty often, but usually they're blocked off, somehow, or inside some fencing.

When I lived in Florida and was transferred to a job with the same company a few states away, they allowed me to transport my pickup with my company truck and trailer. I had to wander around town for hours to find an unsecured dock like that in a closed down factory, that I could drive my pickup up, and onto my trailer.
I spotted the pickup in the area at a convenience store, came back with the truck and trailer at 3 am, had the pickup loaded in 5 minutes.
:)

Yeah i would expect some form of red & white plastic chain at least, maybe with a sign on it.
On the other hand i cant believe those 2 women just drove off the "cliff" like that, and then ask what happened, and then proceed to ask for directions when some guy came running as he probably heard the crash.

I can believe it. Anyone who pays so little attention to their driving (or surroundings as a passenger) can't be very smart. Once they get their candles burning their house is probably the next casualty they will cause :eek:

Phil

I can't find a lot of details about the ladies, except they are 'elderly'.

:)

I missed that on the first go, so I guess I'm as dumb as the driver.
Well, at least in real, it won't be small as in the video. :D

Wait, so was it full of water making it harder to see? I can see how it could be missed, especially when looking for a sign. So imagine you are a little old lady and can barely see over the wheel. Sounded bad :O

Last edited:
it had some water in the bottom since it was raining, but certainly not full - i could easily see the triangular sides of it as she made the turn. also, if it had been completely full, it would have been more shiny, probably with some waves/ripples on the surface from the rain and wind that usually comes with rain. plus they wouldn't have driven out and kept looking for the candle shop - they would have had to swim out, and we probably wouldn't be watching the video as the camera would have drowned: a typical loading dock is around 4 - 4.5 feet (~1.3 - 1.5m) tall. i'm actually surprised they were ABLE to apparently keep driving - that knocking sound immediately after the crash was probably the engine after it sucked in some water, and maybe threw a rod or at the very least bent a rod... probably a safe bet that even though the damage on the outside may not look that bad, the car may end up being totalled due to engine damage.

but i agree - it should have had a chain, or at the VERY least, a bright yellow/white line at the edge to make it really stand out. OSHA would probably have something to say about that ramp. i paused and looked, but didn't see anywhere to attach a safety chain (posts, hooks on the walls, etc) and no evidence of a line, except MAYBE a small white dot at the right corner of the dropoff.

that said, my wife busted out laughing when the lady at the end yelled out the window, asking where the candle shop was. :D

Last edited:
Poor dears. And they only needed four.

I suspect the comment at the end was edited in.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

My nipples are exploding with delight ;)

Reminds me of my own mishaps when in unfamiliar and unusual situations. I was giving an oncoming car a wide birth in a very black parking lot and hammered an architectural curb exending beyond the space lines hidden in the shadow of a tree on a bright sunny day. Wasted two near new tires. Luckily the nearby box store I bought the tires from replaced them under hazard warrantee for thirty bucks.

Back