Thinkware F750 Dashcam constantly beeping

The_Noob

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there,

Earlier today I was driving along the country road (wide open road with no traffic) when suddenly my dashcam (Thinkware F750) started to continuously beep (the type of beeping that would sound when you are too close to the vehicle in front of you; two repetitive beeps in a row). Again there was no traffic, no other cars were on the road, I was driving within the speed limit and the was no going over the lines on the road.

There were no incidents recorded during this time.

I will note that when this happened, it was very sunny outside.

Has anyone experience this problem and does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?

so, how did you turn beeps off ?

The problem isn't fixed. I have to turn the dashcam off when the beeps start in order to stop it.

Do you have the driver aids (collision warning and/or lane departure) turned on? If so try turning them off for a bit. I don't use them myself but is it possible that they are really not very good and even buggy?

That's the incident detection beep, which is weird because I don't think it should be on when you are actively driving. Should only work when you are in parking mode, but maybe it's by design. Mine does it too whenever I hit a bigger bump. I have autonomous emergency braking in my new car, so I turned off the forward collision warning and lane departure.

I narrowed it down further. When I got parking mode working properly, I just maxed out the sensitivity for all the settings, seems to be the natural order of things. Then I started experiencing incident beeps too. But there are two categories, one for continuous (while driving) and one for parking (while not driving). I turned down the sensitivity for the continuous incident to low and problem is gone!

I have a similar occurrence. For me, with the roads here, it appears that lines or creases in the pavement and old, painted-over lines are being detected as actual lane lines. It's a little amusing to me that the unit appears to be working as designed, but the roads have been so abused the f750 can do nothing but beep as it's intended to. I haven't tried tweaking the sensitivity yet; I'm not sure what that would do because sometimes these phantom lines are darker than the actual lane lines.

That being said, I do tend to get what I perceive to be random beeps, but it's hard to say how random those beeps are without further explanation. The unit has the capability to alert on a wide variety of things, some obvious like lane departure and collision avoidance and others not so obvious like red light camera detection, speed camera, etc. One alert it claims to have is "Average Speed Zone Alert." That could be the reason for random beeps, but with no further info on alerts from the website, it's hard to say.

This is the second dash cam I've purchased. So far, I'm really very happy with it. Wifi was a big deal for me and this does that and more. I do wish the alert sounds were a bit more specific. Maybe the beep should sound and it is then followed by the nice voice saying "Lane Departure" or "Collision Avoidance" or "Whoa there mister, you're going way to fast!"

Back