Thinkware F770 Hardwire

Saense

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Folks,

I've just gotten a Thinkware F770 front and Rear Dash-Cam, With the hardwire Kit.

I was planning on installing it with an "add a fuse" kit, But don't see how i can do that with the hardwire kit supplied. It has a Spanner connection which would be the earth, a yellow "Battery" Cable which i read to be Power, and a Red "Acc" cable which is where i hit a problem, I don't know what i should connect this to. In my audio days, ACC would have been for illumination on a head-unit...

Someone help please =)

Edit : Should also add, that if i use "Add a fuse" , What would be the recommended fuse amps to use for the dash-cam itself, and also which would be the best amps circuit to tap into?

Last edited:
You'll need 2 fuse-taps for the red and yellow wire. The black wire is for ground and must've come with a ring terminal (Spanner connection).

Red - ACC - look for a fuse that's powered on ignition.
Yellow - Battery - always powered.
Black - Ground.

Additional fuses for both fuse-taps can be between 3-5A.

The ideal circuit to tap for ACC would be the existing 12V socket's corresponding fuse, only if it stops receiving power when the ignition is turned off. For BATT you can use an always on non-critical fuse. Refer to your car's manual for fuse box details and use a multimeter if unsure.

Can someone PLEASE end the confusion about the wire colors?

On my Thinkware hardwire kit that I just bought today (Dec.3, 2016) - the RED cord is labelled BATT and the YELLOW cord is labelled ACC. Yet often on forum posts I read people connecting the opposite. (???????)

Can someone PLEASE end the confusion about the wire colors?

On my Thinkware hardwire kit that I just bought today (Dec.3, 2016) - the RED cord is labelled BATT and the YELLOW cord is labelled ACC. Yet often on forum posts I read people connecting the opposite. (???????)

confusion is because some of these are wired the opposite way, how they managed to do that I don't know but they're out there

confusion is because some of these are wired the opposite way, how they managed to do that I don't know but they're out there

Well - I haven't found an accessory-powered-only fuse yet, but I hope I'm wiring the correct cables to the correct fuses! My red is labelled BATT so that's plugged into a always-on fuse. Tomorrow I have to try and access the fuse panel under the hood to see if I can find an accessory fuse, which my yellow will go to (again, HOPING my kit is properly labelled).

Just go by what the wire is labeled as, it's opposite on some devices. For example I also have the f770 but mine is hard wired to a cellink battery b which also has red yellow and black but opposite so the red connects to a yellow and the yellow to a red.

Just make sure to know batt means always on and acc means on with ignition.

Just go by what the wire is labeled as, it's opposite on some devices. For example I also have the f770 but mine is hard wired to a cellink battery b which also has red yellow and black but opposite so the red connects to a yellow and the yellow to a red.

Just make sure to know batt means always on and acc means on with ignition.

I've spend this afternoon LOOKING at those! (Cellink B). In the 'official' ad stats it says it can power a dashcam for up to like 36 hrs or longer. Real-life users say it's much MUCh less. How long do you get approximately with your F770? (since I have the F770 too). I'm only running a single-cam setup.

I cannot tell you how long the F770 would run in the parking mode with the ignition off.
I have my timer set to 6 hours (as I'm never parked somewhere for more than 6 hours unless it's in the garage), and the timer times out before the low voltage (set at 12V) cutoff is reached.

RodeoGeorge

I've spend this afternoon LOOKING at those! (Cellink B). In the 'official' ad stats it says it can power a dashcam for up to like 36 hrs or longer. Real-life users say it's much MUCh less. How long do you get approximately with your F770? (since I have the F770 too). I'm only running a single-cam setup.
I limit mine to 12 hours in the settings but I also have the cellink expansion. Never had it fully drain it. But I also sometimes manually shut the f770 off at home to save it from wasting battery in my garage. I might take the 12 hour limit off tho and s see if I ever fully drain it after awhile. I have the rear cam too.

Hi guys and gals, im looking for a bit of help with my Thinkware F770 dual dash cam. I have fitted all of the cabling for both cameras and on the hardwire side i have connected the earth wire to a stable earth and the ACC wire to the fuse for the 12v socket using an add a fuse extension which is only powered when the ignition is turned on. I have not connected the constant power wire yet as access to my fusebox is limited and i have been unable to find a constant power fuse. The issue i have is there is no power to the unit when plugged in is this because i need to have the constant power wire connected for the unit to work? I have power from the add a fuse extension and i thought the constant power wire was optional if you want the unit to work in parking mode. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

The Battery wire is used to draw the power. The ACC is just a sense wire. If you combine the Battery and ACC wire together to a switched 12v source, then it will power on without parking mode.

So in short, just connect the Battery wire to the fuse extension the ACC wire is in.

If you cant find a fuse for constant power then run a wire directly to the battery, just add an inline fuse right after the battery terminal.

The Battery wire is used to draw the power. The ACC is just a sense wire. If you combine the Battery and ACC wire together to a switched 12v source, then it will power on without parking mode.

So in short, just connect the Battery wire to the fuse extension the ACC wire is in.

If you cant find a fuse for constant power then run a wire directly to the battery, just add an inline fuse right after the battery terminal.

Hi Flip9
Your a legend! I will try it in the morning. So Joining both wires to a switched 12v fuse will be fine until i find a constant live without any damage? Thank you very much

Yeap thats correct.

No damage, its exactly how the non-hardwired (cigarette plug) version works.

^^ What he said.

Twist the ACC and BATT wires together and connect to your fuse. BUT.. you won't have parking recording, which is the main reason *I* at least, bought it.

You might have another fuse box in your car with a battery fuse. My truck has 2 fuse boxes (one under hood, one at side of dash) plus a 'power distribution center' which is where I had to go to get the right connections.

If you have the cash, you COULD get a Cellink B battery. It connects to just the ACC fuse (and ground of course). And will give you both continuous recording and parking recording. That's the setup I use.

Well - I haven't found an accessory-powered-only fuse yet, but I hope I'm wiring the correct cables to the correct fuses! My red is labelled BATT so that's plugged into a always-on fuse. Tomorrow I have to try and access the fuse panel under the hood to see if I can find an accessory fuse, which my yellow will go to (again, HOPING my kit is properly labelled).
Hi,
I'm new to connecting a dashcam, but as I understand it the wiring colours have changed.
The YELLOW is for constant power. RED is for a switched fuse.

I hope this helps,
Bill

Back