Thinkware F770 and Cellink V2 Hardwire Setup

gantavya

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a newbie in this matter. I need help on how to hardwire Thinkware F770 and Cellink V2. Previously, I had hardwired my dashcam and parking mode was working fine. But recording time was very limited because of my battery. So, I bought Cellink v2 battery. But the problem now is that I only have continous mode and I found that it was storing only last 1 hour of dual-cam footage even though camera was still on (because of auto-rewrite). I need to have atleast 8 hours of footage (which seems impossible even when I use 128GB card) or the video (via G-sensor) if someone hits my car (which seems to solve my issue, given that Thinkware prompts me of incidents during parking mode when I start my car). In the parking mode, G-sensor was working before but now I found that G-sensor does not work when camera is in continuous mode and the vehicle is stopped. G-sensor works when the vehicle is moving though. So, this is not good for me. I am unable to find any tutorial on how to connect Thinkware dashcam and Cellink v2 and still get the parking mode. Only information I found was to splice the wires which is not of much help to a newbie like me. I really need help on this matter. I would really appreciate it if anyone could point me to a detailed tutorial on his setup.

you can purchase a cable that has bat acc and ground that connects to the cellink-b V2.

i have one it cost me about AUD$15-20 each.
It does not come with the kit. you have to purchase it separately. and then its just plug and play.

Anyone know where to send out for service or a replacement A Thinkware x350 dash cam I know it is some place in Canada BUT WHERE? It is a big secret at Thinkware support site. Never an answer back . Its for a neighbor of mine that I promised to find out for him on this site

@gantavya did you change your memory card partition to type C? Also did you get a chance to see this post: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/connecting-korean-dashcams-to-the-cellink-battery-b

Anyone know where to send out for service or a replacement A Thinkware x350 dash cam I know it is some place in Canada BUT WHERE? It is a big secret at Thinkware support site. Never an answer back . Its for a neighbor of mine that I promised to find out for him on this site

Perhaps try calling Thinkware support? 1-844-865-9273
Their HQ is here in BC but not sure if servicing goes there too

@gantavya did you change your memory card partition to type C? Also did you get a chance to see this post: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/connecting-korean-dashcams-to-the-cellink-battery-b

Perhaps try calling Thinkware support? 1-844-865-9273
Their HQ is here in BC but not sure if servicing goes there too
Thanks for the reply....No one ever answers any of the support numbers called it 10 times this week left my contact number never yet got a reply. So much for good service Thank goodness its not for me but a friend I'm doing it for.

you can purchase a cable that has bat acc and ground that connects to the cellink-b V2.

It does not come with the kit. you have to purchase it separately. and then its just plug and play.

Most selers I find online supply the cable with it...

2 Qs:
- i take it i can hook up 2 cameras? (2x thinkware F750/770 dual)
- what happens when the powerbank is drained? will it continue on the car battery, and if so does it have a protection so the batter won't drain completelty?

2 Qs:
- i take it i can hook up 2 cameras? (2x thinkware F750/770 dual)
- what happens when the powerbank is drained? will it continue on the car battery, and if so does it have a protection so the batter won't drain completelty?

The Celllink B hooks up ONLY to your ACC power - and *it* becomes the battery. So your car battery is 'hidden away' from the dashcam system and doesn't get used at all.

When your vehicle is running, only THEN does it charge up the Cellink unit. And when your car is off, only the Cellink unit's battery is used.

I don't have one, but was looking in to it just now, but I have a *massive* (80lb) Shuriken battery in my truck ( www.shurikenonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=14 )

If your battery bay is large enough, I'd suggest putting your money into a large car battery instead of a small Cellink battery.

A dual channel F750 (2 front & rear camera setup) draws less than 300 milliamps. So with my single front camera setup, even if I'm drawing 200 milliamps, my 120 Amp-hour battery could power it for 600 hours (or 25 days) :p Of course, you need enough amps to turn the motor over for ignition... but anyway, I would either upgrade to a larger (largest you can fit) car battery, or add a 2nd car battery wired in parallel.

The Cellink battery is nice and small, but when it comes to batteries, size DOES matter. :D

Are u sure it doesn't tap into the car battery once the cellink is drained?
I read that somewhere, but maybe it's the older models that do it?

The question for me really is: how long do TWO DUAL f750/770 last on the car battery OR on the cellink?
(Keeping in mind that the cameras cut of themselves after 48h)

Back