Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Viofo A119S, Xiaomi Mijia, 360 J511C, etc
Saw the new F790 - https://www.thinkware.com/Products/Dashcam/F790

products_f790_img_01.jpg
products_f790_img_02.jpg

Using Ambarella H22
products_f790_img_04.jpg

New Super Night Vision 3.0 and using High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format.

products_f790_img_spec.jpg

MB100 Multiplex box - https://www.thinkware.com/Buzz/newsView?idx=139
The Mux box is compatible with the F200Pro, X700 and T700 LTE as well as the F790 and arrives in August as well as the new external cameras. This can share the additional option rear camera feed with up to 4 rear cameras, for all round surveillance by a range of FHD cameras; internal, internal IR, external IR (for rear and side mounting) and streamlined side cameras, more suited to light commercial vehicles and passenger cars. Applications include convertibles, where internal rear cameras can’t be mounted, taxi drivers who want internal surveillance as well as external, truck fleets that want to monitor driver behaviour as well as the outside of the vehicle and the ever-expanding fleet of delivery vans.

20210802105147670.jpg

Nice, but why is LED Status light in front of F790 camera instead of the bottom or side, as driver how am I suppose to see the LED status?

Nice, but why is LED Status light in front of F790 camera instead of the bottom or side, as driver how am I suppose to see the LED status?

That's the front security LED that all Thinkware dashcam has. There is also 2 LED at the other side for Wifi and Status.

Look to be commercial oriented, at least those side cameras those will be a hard fit on any conventional car, more van / big rig oriented i think.

Still a nice looking system, and i kind of like that mux box, which sort of play in to what i have asked for many years, a way to daisy chain more elements to have them all work together in harmony.
So for instance the dashcam in parking mode could feed off a alarm modules options

But strange this isn't put out as a follow up of The U1000 which is supposed to be their flagship no ?

Oui.
With other side cameras it should be fully functional in a regular car too, if you want side cameras, the interior and rear camera look good to go for ordinary cars.

Just got a hold of the F790. Here are some pics with the F800 Pro.
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 1.50.01 PM.jpeg

With the mount on the F790
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 1.51.06 PM.jpeg

Finally can separately adjust the volume for Safety cameras, ADAS and Systems
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-07 at 10.22.34 PM.jpeg

F790 cannot use back existing cables for the power and rear cam. All new cables.

I have the Multiplex box (smaller than expected), 2x side wedge cameras and an external rear camera to go on my van with my T700. (the rear is fitted, just the sides to do)

Should get the time to fit the side cameras in the mystery week between Christmas and New Year.

I'm also trialling a few different spec SD Cards to see if I can find a comfy alternative of the heavily over-priced TW ones.

but do those side cams have some sort of flat cable to pass to the outside ?
Yes, they have a flat cable that exits the casing at the front (well, front/underneath) which both can make it easier and harder, depending on how or where you intend to install

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Agie Thinkware Other 6
htpoint Thinkware Other 0
S Thinkware Other 2
X Thinkware Other 8
J Thinkware Other 15
Back