Thinkware F800 - Bit of footage

Using custom Russian firmware, I had 128GB support for my Blackview DR-550GW back in 2015! (shout-out to @alexsoll)

This shouldn't even be an issue..

Have they addressed the criticisms of the F770 on the F800 such as 64GB card size, compatibility issue with other cards, date format 48 hrs max recording etc ?
Thanks
regards chris
I've had 128gb in my F770 which formatted no problem.
Max.

Hi Tabetha.
I have the 128gb card in my front and rear set up and the reason I find the longer recording time of use is that we make journeys with a split driving periods of 4/5 hours and a follow on journey after a ferry crossing of 6/7 hours.
On one particular journey we travelled the M1 in the UK at night and after clearing past some speed restricted road works we speeded back up to the sign indicated national limit, only half a mile later to come across workmen in the road throwing cones around, the road was back to a single lane, all without any pre warning, in addition they were also using a large road roller, whilst no incident occurred my thoughts reflected on the possibility of there been overhead cameras in operation, so I retained this footage.
Max.

These high end cameras run fat32 as well?
most, some run their own proprietary file system, a lot of the expensive cameras don't want to even work with other cards, they try and lock them down to using their own branded cards in some cases

This is the card I use and I format it in the dash cam and do not get involved in all these differing formats, I just don't find it necessary .....

I've had no problems or issues.
Max.

This is the card I use and I format it in the dash cam and do not get involved in all these differing formats, I just don't find it necessary .....

I've had no problems or issues.
Max.

One thing to confirm is it actually using all of the 128gb or just a portion given the file format limitations? If I recall fat32 can format any size disk but you will be limited to partition sizes. Aka have 8 letter drive on a 1TB disk type scenario.

It could very well be large card still work just can't use the entire size of it. If you install the card on your computer you should be able to see how big the partition is.

I have had the F800 Front cam only (the rear camera is different from other models) in my Smart Car for a few days now. Not done much driving really and it is a pre-production model so may not be fully finished but i'm liking it! The voice is nice and clear with a good tone and also you can have English UK as a voice now! The night vision is amazing too. The F800 will NOT be an AIR model, an AIR model will be released later in the year with a different model number, although a bit disappointing initially i would rather they did this and get it working correctly rather than releasing it and it didn't work!

I have put some links below:

A bit of daytime driving:
https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/spaget_chameleoncodewing_co_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=02de27d6d302d4568ade8f81d60974af9&authkey=AWWdd_y_5ZCUpaOQ5Jyytu4&expiration=2017-11-23T14:48:47.000Z

Night without Streetlights (mostly):
https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/spaget_chameleoncodewing_co_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=0c3f435f568d94a0e8718ab6b5c4c8caa&authkey=AefaDPIiD-Utkp0keZdykC4&expiration=2017-11-23T14:49:24.000Z

Night with Streetlights:
https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/spaget_chameleoncodewing_co_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=0dda8b98d1c3140bd86d20575d0385b42&authkey=Ab2rbuzaqlK80zRXgB6qHeU&expiration=2017-11-23T14:50:38.000Z

Parking No Streetlights at all and a bit of rain (Will get some more of this as it was just pointing towards my daughters car on our drive) although i've never seen a dashcam where you can see anything without any light before!!:
https://chameleoncodewing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/spaget_chameleoncodewing_co_uk/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=067c082ccda8041919c1719f7a3cff4a7&authkey=ATVd-oYjWoAq72weuoj8o2E&expiration=2017-11-23T14:50:00.000Z

These links don't seem to work, any chance of uploading to youtube? or re-linking please?

One thing to confirm is it actually using all of the 128gb or just a portion given the file format limitations? If I recall fat32 can format any size disk but you will be limited to partition sizes. Aka have 8 letter drive on a 1TB disk type scenario.

It could very well be large card still work just can't use the entire size of it. If you install the card on your computer you should be able to see how big the partition is.

Without being accurate to the minutes, I get 7/8 hours recording on my F770 twin channel so it does suggest use of the full 128gb.

Max.

Back