thinkware f800 pro personal hotspot

I actually got my app to connect after about an hour of playing around. Got in my car yesterday and it wouldn’t connect, also the announcements of continuous recording etc seems inconsistent?

I have no way of knowing if it was recording however it did highlight speed camera zones.

I need to play with parking mode sensitivity as it would appear that it picks up almost all moving traffic especially if parked on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I managed to connect to it by turning off the allowed devices only setting.
I had no issues when i first installed and set it up but then after not turning my hotspot on for a few weeks, and maybe there was OTA update for my S8+ i couldn't connect. I managed to connect with wifi easily everytime but that's pointless for the daily running of it. Hotspot is what's needed and i couldn't get it. I tried another phone and connected straight away. the only difference was the "Allowed devices only" setting. I turned that off and voila, i was connected straight away. Haven't checked the automatically upload videos feature yet. Will do at some point.

I managed to connect to it by turning off the allowed devices only setting.
I had no issues when i first installed and set it up but then after not turning my hotspot on for a few weeks, and maybe there was OTA update for my S8+ i couldn't connect. I managed to connect with wifi easily everytime but that's pointless for the daily running of it. Hotspot is what's needed and i couldn't get it. I tried another phone and connected straight away. the only difference was the "Allowed devices only" setting. I turned that off and voila, i was connected straight away. Haven't checked the automatically upload videos feature yet. Will do at some point.

Good tip.. thanks.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm having big problems connecting via a hotspot too.

My camera is a Thinkware F800 pro running firmware V1.03.05.
My phone is an iPhone 4s running IOS 9.3.5 and the Thinkware Cloud app V1.2.16.

I can reliably connect using WiFi when the camera is the DHCP server (green WiFi LED). When I try to use the phone as a hotspot the camera will connect (WiFi LED turns solid blue, the voice announces "connected to the internet" and I get a blue bar announcing "1 hotspot connection" at the top of my phone's screen) but the app will not "see" the camera.

Often the blue bar will appear, go away and then come back before the camera announces "connect to the internet".

The app has worked once via hotspot but now, whenever I try to reconnect, I just get the spinning daisy until it announces that the connection has failed and I should start again from the beginning. I've tried re-entering the hotspot details but whenever I try to use it I get the same problem.

I can connect to the hotspot reliably from another iphone and even download my emails.

I find the 'hotspot' function is unreliable with my Galaxy S9,. Used it last weekend - no problems. This week connects for around a minute, then disconnects until I turn off the hotspost and then back on on the phone. Happens every so often and I can't work out what I do different.

I'm having big problems connecting via a hotspot too.

My camera is a Thinkware F800 pro running firmware V1.03.05.
My phone is an iPhone 4s running IOS 9.3.5 and the Thinkware Cloud app V1.2.16.

I can reliably connect using WiFi when the camera is the DHCP server (green WiFi LED). When I try to use the phone as a hotspot the camera will connect (WiFi LED turns solid blue, the voice announces "connected to the internet" and I get a blue bar announcing "1 hotspot connection" at the top of my phone's screen) but the app will not "see" the camera.

Often the blue bar will appear, go away and then come back before the camera announces "connect to the internet".

The app has worked once via hotspot but now, whenever I try to reconnect, I just get the spinning daisy until it announces that the connection has failed and I should start again from the beginning. I've tried re-entering the hotspot details but whenever I try to use it I get the same problem.

I can connect to the hotspot reliably from another iphone and even download my emails.
I have the same problem ☹️

So far every single call i have had about connectivity issues i have sent this video link to http://www.chameleondirect.co.uk/wo...0-pro-connection-to-smartphone-android-apple/ and i don't hear back from them.

I would go into the phones WiFi and select the Thinkware network and 'forget' it. Also factory reset the F800 (Wait for camera to power up & record and then hold the manual record & microphone buttons until you hear 3 or 4 bleeps then a verbal message) watch the video and start again! Once it's been paired via hotspot once it's a doddle from then on!

can some point me to where this video is. The url doesn’t seem to point to it anymore.

Back