Thinkware F800 Pro Videos - More to come!

I was double checking the RAW footage of the dumb driver in the rainy video and the Thinkware F800 pro didn't pick up a clear footage of the license plate. I guess the weather condition might play a roll in it or the length between car wasn't close enough. Thoughts on this?

Yeah the sweet spot of the general dashcam lens are pretty close to the camera, this are the 1 reason i put a long range modified camera in my windscreen, with a 12 mm lens.
Had you had the same you would probably have been able to read anything on that plate.
With this setup i find i can read plates at least as far out as my eyes allow for when i am driving.
You can see the difference in this comparison i stitched together.

That microphone of yours get a serious workout :giggle:

Thinkware F800 Pro - Drunk Driver - No License Plate [Rear Camera]
[Warning: Turn down volume - Audio Distortion is from Camera not picking up all of the music in car]

Orange Vehicle does an illegal u-turn at a red light 3 lanes away...
I passed a cop a minute away.

Thinkware F800 Pro doesn't catch license plates at weird angles though. I'll probably have to install some side cameras in case I ever get into an accident from these reckless drivers.

The Thinkware F800 Pro videos seem a bit 'grainy' under certain sunlight conditions. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
Orange Vehicle does an illegal u-turn at a red light 3 lanes away...
I passed a cop a minute away.

Thinkware F800 Pro doesn't catch license plates at weird angles though. I'll probably have to install some side cameras in case I ever get into an accident from these reckless drivers.

The Thinkware F800 Pro videos seem a bit 'grainy' under certain sunlight conditions. Anyone else notice this?
The music in the video is too too loud. :)

The music in the video is too too loud. :)

if-its-too-loud-you-re-too-old.jpg

;)

can loud music distort the video image quality on dashcams?

yes, some cameras suffer more than others, depends on the mount type and how much bass you have

I mean I know it can distort with bass vibrating the windshield, but I'm wondering if I just had my 4 sets of components mid and highs playing in loud volume (subs turned off) if that would distort video imaging because the camera is trying to pick up all of that noise that it can't pick up.

it's only the physical movement of air from the speaker drivers (sound waves) that can cause issues with video, it's not about how loud or how much information the microphone needs to pickup, that could overwhelm the mic and distort the audio but will have no effect on the video as such

Get your car laud enough and your eyeballs will be jellying just like your dashcam footage on a otherwise sturdy mounted camera.

To be honest i dont get that its my eyes that lagging and not my hearing, 3 X 15" / 3 X 500 W do rock the boat / car.

Get your car laud enough and your eyeballs will be jellying just like your dashcam footage on a otherwise sturdy mounted camera.

To be honest i dont get that its my eyes that lagging and not my hearing, 3 X 15" / 3 X 500 W do rock the boat / car.

Hmm. Sturdy.

Eyeballs?

I saw "my" last subwoofer last Saturday, gave it to my friend to play with years ago.
I am long done with the loud cars, that was a 90ties thing for me, only have a little fuses and hefty power cable left.

Warning: Turn down volume.

Truck Driver goes for the Red Light turn.

F800 Pro Front in the Front, F800 Pro Rear in cabin view towards front and F770 rear camera on right side window.

Warning: Turn down volume.

Truck Driver goes for the Red Light turn.

F800 Pro Front in the Front, F800 Pro Rear in cabin view towards front and F770 rear camera on right side window.

having no side airbags makes it easy to mount cameras where you did on the sides. i considered that in my 98 camry, but it wasn't priority. i guess you don't have rear seat passengers often - i can't imagine my kids NOT playing with cameras so easily accessible to them.

having no side airbags makes it easy to mount cameras where you did on the sides. i considered that in my 98 camry, but it wasn't priority. i guess you don't have rear seat passengers often - i can't imagine my kids NOT playing with cameras so easily accessible to them.

Yeah I took the rear seats out of my car to do my car stereo a while back and I forgot how to put the rear seats back together so I just left them out. My 4 Door Camry is a 2 person car =_=.

Yeah I took the rear seats out of my car to do my car stereo a while back and I forgot how to put the rear seats back together so I just left them out. My 4 Door Camry is a 2 person car =_=.
the middle parts that fold down have to go in first - they just have some easy bolts at the hinges at the bottom - install the center hinge first - it can only go in one way, then if the seats have come off that hinge, snap them back in and then bolt their outside hinges to the floor. then the skinny side pieces have hooks that go into slots near teh top - you have to press them in fairly tight to get them into the slots, then down a few inches, and then a bolt at the bottom of each. i often have to hit them at the top with my fist to get them to slide down into the slots. and the bottom cushion (which you seem to have) just snaps in. hardest part there is getting the seat belt buckles thru the holes.

IMHO, it sounded better (with my single 12 in the trunk) with the seats installed than with no seats. and not just because of the road noise it blocked from the trunk either. it seemed to make the bass smoother and hit harder somehow.

@Gibson99 I bent one of the L-shape metal brackets / Hinges so that was the other reason I didn't bother trying to put everything back together. It's ok though. I might use that back seat to mount some more car batteries since I'm out of room in the Trunk.

I've tried firing my subs towards the trunk and into the cabin and I found that with the 3 different system's I've had, it's louder firing subs towards the back of the trunk lid. So yeah, I agree with you on that one for sure.

I also removed the rear stock speakers to let SPL flow threw the top.
toolmaker-metalworkz-dual-0awg-input2.jpg

dc-audio-subs-toward-rear-3.jpg

vs
dc_audio_xlm2_cabin.jpg

Here's the air hole I'm talking about for SPL to flow into the cabin:

Thinkware F800 Pro, F770, and F100 6 Channel System

I had to move the F100 to the front driver door so I could use the Infrared in the front due to the short cable provided by Thinkware. I've already contacted Thinkware and they don't have any longer cables for the Infrared F100 Rear Camera.

The F800 Pro front camera looks like crap. I wonder if the unit is defective. Even my RAW files looked bad and pixelated.

Back