THINKWARE F800 PRO

I am having similar issues now. The camera turns off after a few minutes or more when in parking mode. When I turn the ignition on and switch the ignition off again the camera stays on for longer then it goes off again.

OK. I now know that the camera or the hardwire is at fault. Only had the camera for just over a year. Luckily I can rely on my Vantrue N2 Pro to record the incidents that the Thinkware F800 Pro didn't record today!

OK. I now know that the camera or the hardwire is at fault. Only had the camera for just over a year. Luckily I can rely on my Vantrue N2 Pro to record the incidents that the Thinkware F800 Pro didn't record today!
I am working on this issue with Thinkware to try and solve the problem. I will post an update when I have more information.

I am working on this issue with Thinkware to try and solve the problem. I will post an update when I have more information.

Shut down in parking mode issue solved: It wasn't the camera at fault.

Frustrating as it was, every time that I tested the voltage going to the camera it was always around 12.32. However when the camera went off with me sitting in the car I quickly got my volt meter out and I found out that the voltage that is going to the camera is fluctuating between 11.43 to 11.63. I left my car stereo on at the time. It was suggested to me that something is discharging the battery. It is a possibility that the battery is getting a bit weak so when you turn off the car the camera goes to parking mode as it should, then something starts running in the background and drags the battery voltage below the camera cut off setting so that goes to sleep again as it should. Then the ‘extra drain’ also stops and the battery voltage will naturally recover itself back up to X voltage and that’s when we have been testing it!

I recently fitted a new stereo which switches itself off with the ignition, but if I switch the stereo off before turning off the ignition then the camera runs all night without any issues at all.

Testing the voltage after the camera has shut down.
The attached picture shows what part should be Permanent Live and a paper clip is ideal to fit up the centre pin.
Connect the volt meter to the permanant live and the earth to see the results.

Attachments

• Thinkware Power.JPG
    Thinkware Power.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 17
I suspect a similar root cause when the night is cold. The battery voltage drops and the camera cuts itself off.
But after starting the engine, there's plenty of Volts, why the camera remains off? Second, if you completly plug it out and wait few minutes before pluging it back in, it starts.
The bloody capacitor acts like a "baterry for CMOS" and maintains the cutoff condition on if you don't wait long enough.
Clearly another design or component flaw.
We paid good bucks for the honor to be F800's beta testers. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back