THINKWARE F800 PRO

Something interesting happened today.
I am testing out the motion detection option in parking mode.
It recorded for 2 and a half hours with a 64GB card in the motion_timelapse_record folder and then it started recording for 2 hours in the parking_rec folder which is normally for impact detection I think. The message on the recordings for the parking_rec folder says that there is insufficient storage space for event recording.
The reason I switched from timelapse recording to motion recording was because it records sound, but I may have to go back to timelapse again because it records for longer. Energy saving is great, but their has to be an impact before it starts recording, which can miss vital parts of the person about to perform vandalism to the vehicle.

I watched some video from my recently (today) installed cam. The front is fine but the rear is upside down. There's a setting to rotate... I flipped it while watching in the viewer but when I do so it flips the front cam. So, either the front is upside down or the rear is upside down. Any thoughts on this?

I guess if I change the setting to "rotate rear camera" the next set of recorded videos should hopefully be ok.

Yeah, the "rotate rear camera" setting within the camera settings is the button you want to use to flip the video.
Not the little circle arrow on the viewer near the volume, that's just controlling current video file, it would help you flip previously rear cam recordings but not permanently (I don't believe).
You'd probably have to use a 3rd party viewer to flip old videos and save them.

I'm wondering about the two iOS apps available on the app store. There's one called "Thinkware Dash Cam" and another called "Thinkware Cloud." The Cloud app worked like a charm when I attempted to change settings. The other app was a nightmare and crashed every few seconds. Maybe it's an old version or something else?

Also, when I attempted to change settings on my desktop (iMac) with the Thinkware Dashcam viewer I couldn't get them to save. The "Thinkware Cloud" app worked just fine though.

I can't tell you how happy I was when I turned off the ignition and the Cellink Neo kicked in and parking mode started. I need to mess around with the sensitivity settings a bit.

Yeah, I had the same problem with the apps at first.
Thinkware Dash Cam is for older devices, I suppose.

What settings were you trying to change on the desktop?
Was it giving you an error message when you hit the 'save' button?

Welcome to the world of dashcam tinkering, good luck with your optimization! :ROFLMAO:

Yes, that is correct!
The Thinkware CLOUD app is for newer cameras like the F800/F800 PRO.
As for the Thinkware Dashcam app, that would be for models like the F750/F770.

Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

Thanks. Parking mode was working quite well but my cam powered off due to the heat.

Something interesting happened today.
I am testing out the motion detection option in parking mode.
It recorded for 2 and a half hours with a 64GB card in the motion_timelapse_record folder and then it started recording for 2 hours in the parking_rec folder which is normally for impact detection I think. The message on the recordings for the parking_rec folder says that there is insufficient storage space for event recording.

I have now changed the recording settings to Parking Priority. I'll see how it goes.

I am actually keeping an eye on the camera at the moment because as of today there is a fault somewhere. When I watched today's footage back there are loads of frame drops and green blocks all over the screen and the image quality in general has deteriorated. I will see what happens tomorrow and then I will change the memory card to start with to see if that is causing the problem.

would you describe the picture quality as fuzzy/ blurry as that what I'm getting in sunny weather. seems to not be an issue in dull rainy weather

would you describe the picture quality as fuzzy/ blurry as that what I'm getting in sunny weather. seems to not be an issue in dull rainy weather
That is probably the best way to describe it for the image quality. Yes.

i have the same issue not sure if it is a software issue, low bitrate or a hardware fault but for a premium camera I expected better

I had a similar issue this past Friday. Some of the video was splotchy and at points it was grayed out. It honestly looked like a bit like a ****ty VHS video. It returned to normal though. It was quite hot on Friday.

So are we thinking is it a heat related issue then?

Now that I think of it I was having that issue while viewing videos that I hadn’t downloaded - I just played the clip. After downloading I didn’t have any issues.

My videos were actually viewed on the SD card and copied to the computer and viewed on the computer with the same results.
I think it may have something to do with the heat because it hasn't happened again with the weather being much cooler.

Just out of interest, does the Thinkware F800 Pro switch itself off after the motion parking folder is full?
I have noticed that the camera is off when returning to the car sometimes, when the motion parking folder is full.
This seems a bit strange as if an impact did happen then it would not be recorded.

Does anyone else’s videos start with a white grainy feed? I viewed some of my videos via app and some of the videos start off with some white haziness

Hi all! New user here.

I've hardwired my F800 Pro and set it up to my liking as soon as I got it...and in some respects I'm regretting the decision. Nothing against the quality of the hardware itself (although I did expect higher video quality)

There was a firmware that was released on 6/18 - done.

My issue mainly stems from...

A. The bugginess of the Thinkware CLOUD app on iOS.

B. The talking voice on start up. I see there is a volume set up with 0 1 2 3 options, but how does that effect the safety notifications such as "front vehicle departure warning"? I don't see a separate volume setting for those.

C. Why doesn't the software recognize that a parking incident that occurs say within 30 seconds of the car turning on is probably a false positive? I keep mine on highest sensitivity for a reason, so it triggers each time I get in the car.

This software needs improvement, I'm about to call Thinkware and make some simple suggestions but wanted to share my thoughts here and see if anyone agrees.

PS: Sound recording is useless. My music doesn't need to be loud for the microphone to distort.

Does anyone else’s videos start with a white grainy feed? I viewed some of my videos via app and some of the videos start off with some white haziness

I am probably talking about something different, but if you view videos via the CLOUD app on iOS when the files are still on the SD card (not downloaded) its frequently just a grey screen with poor buffering.

Last edited:
This camera is full of issues. Premium? No way! This is a failed project financed by the unsuspecting buyers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back