Thinkware Q800 Pro with Cellink neo 6: Wiring and parking mode problems.

http://www.carmagicuk.com/

Aha! Found it! Had to backtrack my movements using Google Maps history, otherwise had no other records to hand (all in the loft [emoji37]).

So, these ARE the brilliant chaps who did my Thinkware F800 Pro 2 channel + Cellink Neo 6 installation.

I cannot stress hard enough how the Cellink Neo auxiliary Battery is an absolute necessity for this kind of 24/7 parking mode setup.

Especially with all the more modern vehicles that are festooned with power drain sensors and more ECU sub processors than you can shake a stick at.

Hope this helps - it’s in London though, but any Londoners now know a place that’ll do a sterling job if they ever decided to take the plunge! [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

By the way, there are professional mobile installers who can come out to you or your place of work and carry out the installation right there on location.

Google them, talk to them and book them in if that suits your fancy [emoji4]

By the way, there are professional mobile installers who can come out to you or your place of work and carry out the installation right there on location.

Google them, talk to them and book them in if that suits your fancy [emoji4]

Thanks for the info. Where did you get your Cellink from and how long can you leave the car for before the battery runs out of juice?

Thanks for the info. Where did you get your Cellink from and how long can you leave the car for before the battery runs out of juice?

I bought my Cellink Neo 6 directly from Amazon, but some of these installers do offer discounts if you’re buying it directly from them.

My Cellink Neo 6 gives me around 36 hours of continuous power in parking mode, before becoming depleted.

A 45 minute drive will normally charge it to 100% from empty. Useful statistical knowledge for strategically ensuring that you can keep those cameras running all weekend when parked up at home.

I bought my Cellink Neo 6 directly from Amazon, but some of these installers do offer discounts if you’re buying it directly from them.

My Cellink Neo 6 gives me around 36 hours of continuous power in parking mode, before becoming depleted.

A 45 minute drive will normally charge it to 100% from empty. Useful statistical knowledge for strategically ensuring that you can keep those cameras running all weekend when parked up at home.

Thanks again for that. Looks like Amazon UK don't sell the Cellink Neo any longer.

Next questions are regarding the memory card: what size have you got; what do you do about saving the recorded files and how often do you need to format it? I bought a Sandisk Extreme 128GB high speed one. The 32GB Thinkware-branded one lasts about a day before the camera tells me it's full.

Thanks again for that. Looks like Amazon UK don't sell the Cellink Neo any longer.

Next questions are regarding the memory card: what size have you got; what do you do about saving the recorded files and how often do you need to format it? I bought a Sandisk Extreme 128GB high speed one. The 32GB Thinkware-branded one lasts about a day before the camera tells me it's full.

I actually purchased 2 x 128GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSDs. The idea was one could be removed from the dash cam if you needed to download evidence, and the other went in immediately.

Each MicroSD has to contain identical configuration files so that your Q800 will perform identically with each independent 128GB MicroSD. The configuration settings for the dash camera’s operations are written to the MicroSD card - be aware.

I have not had to format them since I bought them. Both MicroSDs are working flawlessly, as is my Thinkware F800 Pro System - for the cost involved, I hope it continues to be ultra reliable.

I actually purchased 2 x 128GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSDs. The idea was one could be removed from the dash cam if you needed to download evidence, and the other went in immediately.

Each MicroSD has to contain identical configuration files so that your Q800 will perform identically with each independent 128GB MicroSD. The configuration settings for the dash camera’s operations are written to the MicroSD card - be aware.

I have not had to format them since I bought them. Both MicroSDs are working flawlessly, as is my Thinkware F800 Pro System - for the cost involved, I hope it continues to be ultra reliable.

Which card did you get and how did you get the configuration identical on both cards?

Which card did you get and how did you get the configuration identical on both cards?

e7e999f01724708159243d86d2d1eaa1.jpg

I’ve attached a picture of one of the two identical cards that I use.

Whenever you’re configuring your Q800 Dash Cam for use, the configuration you have chosen is saved to the card in use at the time.
This means you have to remember the exact configuration setup you have chosen, and repeat it with the 2nd 128GB MicroSD card installed and operational in your Dash Cam.

I never used the supplied Thinkware 32GB card.....it seemed absolutely pointless.
I reasoned that if I was investing in a dash cam so advanced, it even warns me if I get too close the the vehicle in front of me plus lots of other amazing detection capabilities - and it can run virtually nonstop subject to power availability, it would be pathologically stupid of me not to get the maximum capacity memory cards to ensure I get my money’s worth. So, I did. And no regrets despite the eye watering (to me anyway) amount of money spent getting this up and running.

Peace of mind is absolutely priceless.

Bonus; the dash cam 2 channel system is relatively discrete; if installed thoughtfully, nobody ever notices it.
The rear camera is practically invisible; though I have enabled the security warning lights on both cameras for night time (lights are constantly on day or night).
They’re visible at night; blue light to the rear - discrete yet clearly visible to following vehicles, and the soft white lights on the front one hint at a sophisticated alarm in action.
At least it mimics one quite nicely, keeping the average riff-raff away from your pride and joy.

The front lights seem to scream “POLICE BAIT CAR”......so most miscreants are more than likely to give your car a very, very wide berth.
The lawless do NOT want their ugly physiognomy’s on video camera - that virtually guarantees a conviction of the stone cold kind.

Last edited:
e7e999f01724708159243d86d2d1eaa1.jpg

I’ve attached a picture of one of the two identical cards that I use.

Whenever you’re configuring your Q800 Dash Cam for use, the configuration you have chosen is saved to the card in use at the time.
This means you have to remember the exact configuration setup you have chosen, and repeat it with the 2nd 128GB MicroSD card installed and operational in your Dash Cam.

I never used the supplied Thinkware 32GB card.....it seemed absolutely pointless.
I reasoned that if I was investing in a dash cam so advanced, it even warns me if I get too close the the vehicle in front of me plus lots of other amazing detection capabilities - and it can run virtually nonstop subject to power availability, it would be pathologically stupid of me not to get the maximum capacity memory cards to ensure I get my money’s worth. So, I did. And no regrets despite the eye watering (to me anyway) amount of money spent getting this up and running.

Peace of mind is absolutely priceless.

Bonus; the dash cam 2 channel system is relatively discrete; if installed thoughtfully, nobody ever notices it.
The rear camera is practically invisible; though I have enabled the security warning lights on both cameras for night time (lights are constantly on day or night).
They’re visible at night; blue light to the rear - discrete yet clearly visible to following vehicles, and the soft white lights on the front one hint at a sophisticated alarm in action.
At least it mimics one quite nicely, keeping the average riff-raff away from your pride and joy.

The front lights seem to scream “POLICE BAIT CAR”......so most miscreants are more than likely to give your car a very, very wide berth.
The lawless do NOT want their ugly physiognomy’s on video camera - that virtually guarantees a conviction of the stone cold kind.

Thanks again. Entertainingly and eloquently written (apart from the superfluous apostrophe in ’physiognomy’s’ )!

I was a bit wary about having the “Knight Rider”-style security LEDs on, for fear of the opposite outcome - i.e. attracting interest in the car, ironically leading to a break-in and theft of the dash cam.

As for the MicroSD config, do you mean the overall dash cam settings need to remain unchanged when the card is swapped over?

By the way, I went for this card. Similar to yours, I think. E58C874F-45BB-4F0F-BBC3-AF30A4BDB98E.jpeg

Hi everyone.

Just got around to hardwiring my F800pro front and rear with a celllink neo. Removing the panels with applicable youtube videos and the provided plastic prybar worked perfect. Ended up putting the neo under the drivers seat since its fairly close to the firewall.

I didnt want to put in a 20amp add-a-fuse, so I ended up installing an aux fuse box(also for future add-ons).
Used a 5amp add-a-fuse ACC wire from the factory fuse box to switch a relay in my aux box which then charges the neo only with the ignition on.

Also went ahead and installed the anytime backup camera mod with front camera and navigation bypass...this is in a 2015 tacoma.

If theres any questions, let me know.20190721_135824.jpg

Hi everyone.

Just got around to hardwiring my F800pro front and rear with a celllink neo. Removing the panels with applicable youtube videos and the provided plastic prybar worked perfect. Ended up putting the neo under the drivers seat since its fairly close to the firewall.

I didnt want to put in a 20amp add-a-fuse, so I ended up installing an aux fuse box(also for future add-ons).
Used a 5amp add-a-fuse ACC wire from the factory fuse box to switch a relay in my aux box which then charges the neo only with the ignition on.

Also went ahead and installed the anytime backup camera mod with front camera and navigation bypass...this is in a 2015 tacoma.

If theres any questions, let me know.View attachment 47567
That, sir, is rather impressive. I'm afraid I'm nowhere near practical enough replicate it.

You could do it this way also and still have a separate circuit:

Inline fuse - $8
Fused relay -$8
Use the included add-a-fuse from your ACC and wire it to 85 (or switch) on the relay.
Inline-fuse from your battery to 30.
Ground 86.
Connect your neo cable to 87.
Should have a 5amp in the top of your add-fuse, 20amp in-line and 20amp in your relay.

images.png

Back