Thinkware questions

Phil-1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to the whole dash cam thing. I was looking at the Blackvue 650 but have been pointed towards the F750.

I have some questions.

1. Can you turn off the startup voice/music
2. Can you keep the speed camera alerts and mute everything else
3. How does the app compare to the BV app
4. How does it compare is size with the BV

Thanks in advance
Phil

yes you can switch it off but then it also will no longer confirm wifi/microphone/manual recording on/off when you press the relevant button. (although it does still tell when a smartphone is (dis)connected)

2) yes, you can choose your alerts separately for speed/lane/collision

3) the app works better than the bv app in my opinion, though all in all they are pretty similar;
main differences:
-you don't need to restart the camera when you change settings (with BV you have to)
-the camera does not record when you are using live view (BV keeps recording)

- as to the pc software; I definitely prefer the BV but it's unusable with the files.

4) see this pic:https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/img_5240-jpg.17901/

the F750 is slightly bigger, but it sticks directly ("flat")to the windshield which helps to keep it discreet.
especially when you paint it black or put sticky tape, the difference between the 2 cameras is minor.

further pics https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-f750-install.12652/page-2

Last edited:
Sorry one more question.

I've read that the speed only shows in KPH not MPH, is this correct?

Thanks again.

I've already seen this web page and am about to click buy now [emoji106]

Phil - assume you are aware that you need to hardwire the F750 for parking mode, since it works off voltage changes rather than the g-sensor?

Phil - assume you are aware that you need to hardwire the F750 for parking mode, since it works off voltage changes rather than the g-sensor?

Thanks yes. What ever camera I buy (thinkware is my favourite) it will be hard wired. [emoji106]

Hi all, I'm thinking about getting the F750, read the user manual and watched a few 'raw' files and would like to know if it is possible to change the date settings from yyyy/dd/mm to dd/mm/yyyy.

Just ordered my first dash cam the thinkware F750. Let's hope it lives up to what I expect [emoji106]

Just ordered my first dash cam the thinkware F750. Let's hope it lives up to what I expect
emoji106.png

Keep us posted mate.

1. Can you turn off the startup voice/music
2. Can you keep the speed camera alerts and mute everything else
yes you can switch it off but then it also will no longer confirm wifi/microphone/manual recording on/off when you press the relevant button. (although it does still tell when a smartphone is (dis)connected)

2) yes, you can choose your alerts separately for speed/lane/collision

Hello

I'm trying to achieve similar - enable ADAS selections and get rid of the redundant power up audibles.
However, if I set system volume to zero, I also lose ADAS yet still get parking mode summaries (they're okay, though).

How are folks dispatching the startup but keeping the speedcam alerts?
(My firmware is at 1.00.15)

I have updated to the new firmware and also updated to the new speedcam database file.

If I switch to a different SD card, do I need to add the speedcam file into the folder again or would it work normally because it gets installed onto the cam and nothing to do with sd card.

I have s feeling it's installed onto the cam.

Ok my first ever Dash Cam has at last arrived. I order it from "Just The Look" paid for next day delivery and its arrived a week later. When I ordered it I asked for the 64gb version but I got the 36gb card. I've been given some discount but I want a 128gb or at least a 64gb card.
So what I'm asking is where can I get a 64gb/128gb card from that will work.

Thanks Phil

from thinkware you can get a 64GB card, from everywhere else you MIGHT be able to get a working card, then again it might not work, bit of a lottery I'm afraid

from thinkware you can get a 64GB card, from everywhere else you MIGHT be able to get a working card, then again it might not work, bit of a lottery I'm afraid

Thanks
Just had a look on the Thinkware web site and couldn't find an 64Gb cards. [emoji45]
Really fancy getting a 128Gb card.

The general answer has to be, from any reputable dealer. Personally, for items such as this I would tend to steer clear of ebay, and would careful of what I was buying on amazon. I found a reputable online camera shop, selling cards at reasonably competitive prices, and bought from there.

In terms of requirements, then any Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SDXC Card should do it. Here's one review on 64 gb cards - undertaken in the context of the Blackvue, though that shouldn't matter: http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=721

They go for the Delkin Micro SDXC 375X UHS-I (Speed Class 1) Memory Card. Deakin do a 128gb version.

The general answer has to be, from any reputable dealer. Personally, for items such as this I would tend to steer clear of ebay, and would careful of what I was buying on amazon. I found a reputable online camera shop, selling cards at reasonably competitive prices, and bought from there.

In terms of requirements, then any Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SDXC Card should do it. Here's one review on 64 gb cards - undertaken in the context of the Blackvue, though that shouldn't matter: http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=721

They go for the Delkin Micro SDXC 375X UHS-I (Speed Class 1) Memory Card. Deakin do a 128gb version.

Hi
I didn't get it from EBay or Amazon. I got it from a Thinkware supplier. I'm happy with it but just wish I had the 64Gb card. But it's not all bad as I now have some extra cash for the 128Gb card. [emoji4]

Unless thinkware supply it there is no guarantee any card will work, period.

Unless thinkware supply it there is no guarantee any card will work, period.

Thanks I've got a 64gb class 10 on order. If it doesn't work I can use it in my GoPro [emoji106]

Back