Thinkware U3000

Unless there is a complete revolution with the software, it's all pointless. I can't get excited about it until it has reliable software that looks and feels like it was made in the past decade!

I've seen some updated GUI pics, hopefully this software is also usable for U1000 owners who have had to endure their amateur software for years.

I am just wondering when experts on this forum will get a hand on this one for testing and sharing their experience with us.

So my car manual has this section mentioning about RF-transmitter installation.
I would like to know if the radar on U3000 is able to turn off, or at least turn on only for parking mode.

20230503_224905.jpg

Ugh, I've waited a long time for this and it has no HDR?...

What dash cam then do I get that has good night vision AND HDR? 4K front and at least 2K rear.

So my car manual has this section mentioning about RF-transmitter installation.
I would like to know if the radar on U3000 is able to turn off, or at least turn on only for parking mode.
I believe radar is only used during parking (as during driving the camera films continuously )

haha well your car would then go off like the pink floyd track named time where all the alarm clocks go off.

Regarding HDR, well so far no brand really mastered it so it dont really matter, the starvis 2 sensors is about as good as it will ever get today

Last edited:
The US site of Blackboxmycar is also online now. The price is USD 549.00 and they announce to ship in the week of June 3rd...

Isn't the 'EXT' port for an external microphone?

Isn't the 'EXT' port for an external microphone?
I asked Thinkware (which is very competent) and got the following answer:

The EXT port is to connect a separate GPS antenna, which is useful in cases where there is a heat reflective film or heated front windscreen that may screen the GPS signal from the camera.

Back