Thinkware U3000

View attachment 65027

Hello @DashCamMan ,

can you tell me why the red ports are missing on the end product and for what the EXT. port is?

Still hoping there´s a posibility to connect 3rd cam/mulitplex system or get a triggersignal for another recorder (f.e. side mirror recorder).

Best Regards,
Christoph
I asked Thinkware (which is very competent) and got the following answer:

These (the red marked points) are test points only used in production.

Well camera has arrived and installed, would be even better if I could register the camera in the app :rolleyes:

Well camera has arrived and installed, would be even better if I could register the camera in the app :rolleyes:
Which app are you using? You use DashCamLink to adjust settings and ThinkwareConnected for cloud stuff. The older Thinkware Cloud app doesn't work with the U3000.

Which app are you using? You use DashCamLink to adjust settings and ThinkwareConnected for cloud stuff. The older Thinkware Cloud app doesn't work with the U3000.
Hi thank you for your reply, I am using the apps in the screen shot attached. I have been able to connect with the camera with the link app, just can't register the camera in the cloud app. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230526_183530_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230526_183530_Google Play Store.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi thank you for your reply, I am using the apps in the screen shot attached. I have been able to connect with the camera with the link app, just can't register the camera in the cloud app. :ROFLMAO:
So the pairing process is kinda dumb. I did it on iOS, but I assume it's gonna be similar on Android. You have to first use Dashcam Link to get it connected to your WiFi connection. It's not in the main settings section where you adjust all the other dashcam settings, but in a separate area in the app with app info and whatnot.

Then once the dashcam is connected via WiFi, you go into Thinkware Connected and set up the cloud stuff.

So the pairing process is kinda dumb. I did it on iOS, but I assume it's gonna be similar on Android. You have to first use Dashcam Link to get it connected to your WiFi connection. It's not in the main settings section where you adjust all the other dashcam settings, but in a separate area in the app with app info and whatnot.

Then once the dashcam is connected via WiFi, you go into Thinkware Connected and set up the cloud stuff.
Brilliant, vortex radar, I will give it ago. Again thank you. Will let you know how I get on.

Brilliant, vortex radar, I will give it ago. Again thank you. Will let you know how I get on.
Hi Ariel (Votex Radar), thanks to your help I have now managed to register my camera, what a pain it was. If only Thinkware had clearer instructions, to be honest I think most people will struggle with the lack of information in the manual they provide. Having two apps doesn't help either. Anyway again I very much appreciated your help

Hi Ariel (Votex Radar), thanks to your help I have now managed to register my camera, what a pain it was. If only Thinkware had clearer instructions, to be honest I think most people will struggle with the lack of information in the manual they provide. Having two apps doesn't help either. Anyway again I very much appreciated your help
Glad to hear it! Yeah I was super confused too and had to reach out to Thinkware for help. As you can see, while it’s doable, it’s very unintuitive.

Well having the U3000 installed for a few days now, I must say that there are improvements compared to the U1000. However am very disappointed that you still cant Live View your cameras in parking mode.

Re firmware, yes I have just installed the latest firmware, shame there is no changelog though :rolleyes:

Sitting in Germany, there is still no option available to even order the device anywhere near. Or has someone found any retailer shipping to Germany yet?

Thinkware also appears to be a bit overloaded currently. In response to two messages to the customer support over the course of three days I have merely received error messages in response, according to which the recipients mailbox was full...

Sitting in Germany, there is still no option available to even order the device anywhere near. Or has someone found any retailer shipping to Germany yet?

Thinkware also appears to be a bit overloaded currently. In response to two messages to the customer support over the course of three days I have merely received error messages in response, according to which the recipients mailbox was full...
For support have you tried support.eu@thinkware.com
I had a reply within an hour this morning.

For purchasing have you tried: https://thinkwaredashcam.eu/product/thinkware-dash-cam-u3000/#first-select-your-dash-cam

Hope this helps.

U3000 FIRMWARE 1.01.00
Update 2023-05-31
But without changelog.
I spoke with Thinkware and they made a change compared to my initial preproduction test unit, and I presume this is the firmware update they are referencing. Here’s the change they mentioned:

The Image Quality of the front camera has been tuned up (Software change only)

I think I'm going to stick with my U1000 and let them work the bugs out of that unit.

Back