Thinkware updates... how often ?

Koolvin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if the manufacturer provides regular updates. How many updates for the older 750 were released ? Since purchase there has only been one upgrade for the 770 I wish they would update the camera database also as it is really out of date in my area.

The camera database was done about a week ago (Dated 30th Sept) and it should be accurate as they use the Cyclops Database http://cyclops-uk.com/index.html

As for actual firmware updates for the camera they are just done when required, i.e. a bug is found or an improvement to be made. I would say the time i owned my F750 there were about 3 updates (in 8 months) that said as far as im aware all the small issues are resolved now so there may not be anymore updates for it.

Thanks! Didn't see the camera DB update.

I updated the db but made no difference. My route often takes me through a very busy part of London that had its cameras replaced by the new digital gatso. There are around 7-8 cameras that have been moved as well as a speed limit change.

I will download cyclops to see if their app is updated or not.

I update mine. There are lots of new cameras that the dashcam is not allerting, at least here in Brazil. You´ll be ticked if you rely on the camera to alert you about speed limit cameras.

I checked cyclops and that's out of date too ! I may contact them

As far as I know, the speed cam data will be updated every 3 months

You´ll be ticked if you rely on the camera to alert you about speed limit cameras.
I think.. you are a fool if you expect your camera to warn you of every speed limit camera. This data base.. world wide is supposed to be current.. every hour, not likely.

they released a FW update on the 2st October for the f750:

What's New?

- Improvement of mobile zone function (Notification alert when the driving speed is more than 95% of the speed limit.)
- Add “Speed Stamp” function

they released a FW update on the 2st October for the f750:

Updating from 0.15 wiped my wifi password and parking mode settings. Not good. Also speed stamp can't be disabled.

Sigh.

you would be better off upgrading it to the F770 firmware which allows you to then disable the speed stamp, plus you get the better night mode. I have a feeling that the time stamp was a scrap of food thrown our way due to the fact that the F770 is identical to the 750

However, in saying all that, thinkware do make a fantastic product, I certainty wouldn't want to change, I just wish they were a little more progressive in their development! as has been mentioned, I wouldn't expect any further updates to the 750

They really ought to get rid of the max 48hrs parking mode. I don't understand the reason behind this limit..?

And I do hope they'll bring out player software that is as good as Blackvu.
as much as I hate the BV cameras, the player is really great. Very easy to find footage from certain dates and hours.

Back