Thinkware X1000-How to hide the dashcam body (but not hide lens)

goddi1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings,
I recently had my car in the dealership for service. During that time, the Parking Mode was running so I could later monitor what was being done. I did catch that they did not do what they said they did, but that's another matter.
While it was in one of the service bays, it seemed one of the technicians turned off the X1000. When it is touched, the dashcam records a crackling sound. Then the recording did not start again until the car was turned on again.

So I want to be able to cover the main front unit with something that would deter someone from turning it off or easily noticing it.
I've thought of a 'sock' of some sort. I've turned off all the announcements so it is completely silent now. But the screen comes on and then it is more noticeable.
Any ideas how to 'hide' the main front x1000 dashcam but keep the lens open for recordings?

I did discover that I can rotate the rear camera to point to the front of the car so I can at least tell it someone tries to turn it off (or tries to mess with anything in the front of the car).
Gary

Something like this. Cut a piece to cover the screen and anything else you might want to black out. Won't hide the entire camera but the screen won't draw attention.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0B2KHYN3Q

Greetings,
I recently had my car in the dealership for service. During that time, the Parking Mode was running so I could later monitor what was being done. I did catch that they did not do what they said they did, but that's another matter.
While it was in one of the service bays, it seemed one of the technicians turned off the X1000. When it is touched, the dashcam records a crackling sound. Then the recording did not start again until the car was turned on again.

So I want to be able to cover the main front unit with something that would deter someone from turning it off or easily noticing it.
I've thought of a 'sock' of some sort. I've turned off all the announcements so it is completely silent now. But the screen comes on and then it is more noticeable.
Any ideas how to 'hide' the main front x1000 dashcam but keep the lens open for recordings?

I did discover that I can rotate the rear camera to point to the front of the car so I can at least tell it someone tries to turn it off (or tries to mess with anything in the front of the car).
Gary
Hello, you can turn off the LCD screen of the dashcam.

To turn off the display while maintaining the continuous recording, briefly press the power button. To turn on the display again, briefly press the power button or gently touch the display.

You can set the time that the LCD will turn off automatically. Tap the Home menu button on the Live
view screen > Settings > System Settings, and select the desired time from LCD Auto-Off.

LCD Auto-Off option Operation description

30 sec. (default) The LCD will turn off automatically if you do not operate the product for 30 seconds.
10 min. The LCD will turn off automatically if you do not operate the product for 10 minutes.
Clock The clock will be displayed automatically if you do not operate the product for 1 minute.
OFF The LCD is always on. (In this mode, you can turn the LCD on or off by briefly pressing the
Power button.)

Greetings,
I want to be able to set the LCD screen to never turn on when the car is turned on. The shortest time is 30 seconds. I want it to be zero so it never comes on. So if someone, besides me, turns on the car, I don't want them to have any obvious notification that the dashcam is operating. I can put blackout tape over the LEDs. Thinkware said they would pass it on to their technicians.
Gary

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G X1000 28
B X1000 8
Back