"This is where I'm saying it always happens"

Looks like the other driver thought he's turning left as well.

I'm thinking there should be two cameras in car, other one should be zooming just small area ahead, with maybe some kind of aiming device so you can stop your car pointing to right direction.

Attachments

• target.jpg
    target.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 15
I'm thinking there should be two cameras in car, other one should be zooming just small area ahead, with maybe some kind of aiming device so you can stop your car pointing to right direction.
i do not understand what you mean. The camera is slightly to the right of the mirror because of the large plastic part that is attached to the windshield, but I did not want it below that because it would be too low. the window is likely also curved slightly to the right too on the right side. but I don't get the point of the picture, the truck is pulled over in the turn lane/shoulder and pointing slightly right.

i do not understand what you mean.
It's not your setup i was wondering, it's all dashcams.
All i see here and basically in every dashcam footage is tiny tiny cars close together far far away, it's impossible to say what was/is happening, zoomed camera would correct that problem.
Don't take it personally.
I have one spare zoom lense, later i can show you sample video.

@kamkar1 did a test with a zoom lens a while back on the 0806 I think?

It's not your setup i was wondering, it's all dashcams.
All i see here and basically in every dashcam footage is tiny tiny cars close together far far away, it's impossible to say what was/is happening, zoomed camera would correct that problem.
Don't take it personally.
I have one spare zoom lense, later i can show you sample video.
Oh ok I thought you were talking specifically a this setup.

Oh ok I thought you were talking specifically a this setup.
I noticed that one day with my camera, there was interesting event like 300 meter ahead of me, with my eyes i did see what was going on but later when i checked video footage it was useless, too far away and too small cars. It's kinda disappointing to see that my HD camera don't capture details so good.

I noticed that one day with my camera, there was interesting event like 300 meter ahead of me, with my eyes i did see what was going on but later when i checked video footage it was useless, too far away and too small cars. It's kinda disappointing to see that my HD camera don't capture details so good.
Yeah, kind of like this video - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-not-make-a-proper-left-turn.12321/

It was a lot more obvious in person. Wide angle is good for some things and not so good for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoom and zoom :rolleyes: i put a cheap 8 MM lens on the 0806.

I am hoping for pixel binning as seen on smartphone cameras ( some of them at least ) and perhaps a small 5X optical zoom.

No need to hope for dashcams beeing able to track and zoom on stuff, too much action going on around a driving car, but i personally would like a 5X zoom and OIS on my front camera.

But i recon i will have to make do with 2 cameras, one with wide lens and one with a ZOOM like lens to pick up stuff between 10 M and 20 M in front of car, where normal dashcam lenses normally dont do that good due to the wide FOV.

Same drive lukas 7500 Vs 0806 with cheapo 8 mm lens.
You can use pause/play on youtube to get the 2 vids to sync up more or less, this was a exercise in FOV not IQ.

I think i could even go up to a 10-12 MM lens, but it will have to be a HQ one which i have not found yet.

I and i am sure many action cam users would be glad if some one could provide us with HQ lenses, the ones i have found on the interweb allmost double the prize of your Gopro 3 black if you upgrade with that lens.

I would like to get my hands on a 6-8-10-12-15 mm 6-7 glass megapixel lens with IR cut filter.

But i can not afford to pay somthing like 200 dollars for each.

Last edited:
Zoom and zoom :rolleyes: i put a cheap 8 MM lens on the 0806.

I am hoping for pixel binning as seen on smartphone cameras ( some of them at least ) and perhaps a small 5X optical zoom.

No need to hope for dashcams beeing able to track and zoom on stuff, too much action going on around a driving car, but i personally would like a 5X zoom and OIS on my front camera.

But i recon i will have to make do with 2 cameras, one with wide lens and one with a ZOOM like lens to pick up stuff between 10 M and 20 M in front of car, where normal dashcam lenses normally dont do that good due to the wide FOV.
That is exactly what i was thinking.
Anyways, that narrow field looks very unpleasant somehow, but it works, distant objects are closer.

yes i think it would be a bad experiece with those new VR goggles. :D

But i too like the up close view of things up ahead where normal dashcams just give a shape and movement and color.

Back