Thx, so here's more!

Ukraine Visitor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure this is the right forum for this. If it's not, kindly let me know and I will re-post where it's proper. But since you were all so nice to me in my last visit to this forum :), I am back with a question...

When writing a reply to someone else's question in a given DCT discussion, I have figured out how to link to a certain other discussion than the discussion where I might be posting at that moment (as shown, for example, HERE, which is a comment I made myself). However, I am having difficulty figuring out how to link to a specific comment made by someone else than me, whether that specific comment was made earlier in the same discussion where I might be posting my reply at, or made in a different discussion than the discussion where I might be posting at that moment. My question is, does anyone know how such linking to someone else's comments at an different discussion is done? Thanks!

Last edited:
You can use the reply function to create the quote and then just cut and paste to wherever you want

You can use the reply function...........and then just cut and paste to wherever you want

I have been doing what you suggest for quotes in the same thread, but I need, not to quote anyone's words but to link a word or phrase to a specific comment in a specific thread of a specific forum. So, I am not trying to quote but to link (as in THIS LINK) but with the additional enhancement that it will take you to a specific member's comment (like taking the link above to jokii's comment that starts with "if there's no section specific to the model you are asking about post here if it's 2 channel..." in my "THIS LINK" above, and not just to the beginning of that thread.) Or, perhaps I didn't understand your suggestion...:confused:

You need to click on post number "#", you will get "permalink" of that post, copy-paste.

You need to click on post number "#", you will get "permalink" of that post, copy-paste.

Aaa so thats how its done :cool: i was wondering how the hell ppl did that, seem like it do not take the lever of nerdyness i was thinking :)

Aaa so thats how its done :cool: i was wondering how the hell ppl did that, seem like it do not take the lever of nerdyness i was thinking :)

Yeah, simple trick ;)
However I am not sure if OP meant to find the same answer, because now I checked his first post and he already used this technique. Probably I misunderstood his question.

Back