Time change with my 7900

JamesDee

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas 7900 and UPS backup module
Ever since the time went back last week ( went back one hour ), my time now on my Lukas 7900 display is now an hour fast, and I cant get it to display the correct time.
I deselected" summer" in the Lukas viewer software, but the time still shows one hour fast.
Anyone else have any issues when the time changed ?

So my 5900 was an hour fast until the time changed over. Remember that Daylight Savings time has ended. While shrinking regular time, the country has us thinking that Daylight Savings time was in the fall through Winter, but Daylight savings time was created to give Farmers an extra hour of daylight, when the had crops in the fields…. Like any farmer needed a clock to start or stop work. I think many people are confused by this.

So my 5900 was an hour fast until the time changed over. Remember that Daylight Savings time has ended. While shrinking regular time, the country has us thinking that Daylight Savings time was in the fall through Winter, but Daylight savings time was created to give Farmers an extra hour of daylight, when the had crops in the fields…. Like any farmer needed a clock to start or stop work. I think many people are confused by this.

So you weren't the least bothered the fact that your time on your camera was an hour fast ?
If that was indeed the case, that isn't much good if you get in an accident, and the time captured, is not correct .
That is the reason they have the "summer" option in the Lukas viewer to compensate for the time change.. And deselecting that in my case, made no difference at all with my displayed time.
I have contacted Lukas and awaiting their response to my problem.

It worked for me. Unselected DST in the view. Saved config to SD card and popped it back in the the LK-7900. When it got GPS lock the time went back an hour.

BTW I am using AC29 and the latest viewer.

Nothing wasps wrong with the camera or software except that I realized that I was thinking DST was in Winter. I just had to remember I needed it unchecked when I set it up. Now it's correct.

I live at a higher latitude so I was just thinking incorrectly when I first set it up. DST is so dumb. When it was set up it was for paid employees to be able to adjust to the 9 to 5 world. The parts of the USA that still use it are more corporate Ag dependent.

Lukas has it right. It's always very dark up near Canada, so I just had my thoughts reversed. I'm not so much worried about the accident factor. I haven't had a real one involving another car since college. I have a smart phone. I also call the police. I like to have video of all the horrible driving in Fall as we approach Snow and Ice season.

Back