Time error on 312GW

Frayxius

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
NB 522GW
Hmmm... here's a new one for me!

I seem to have an intermittent problem (only happened a couple of times so far) with the time on my 312GW, which is only noticable when I look at my journey on the Datakam Player.

Timeline.jpg

As you can see from this image of the timeline, I actually started my journey at 20:27 (before the GPS had time to lock - the bit ahead of the grey area) and three minutes later after I came out of the multi-storey carpark the GPS locked on and the timeline lost an hour.

Incidently, the timestamp on the recordings remained at the correct time showing my journey from 20:27 to 20:54.

Is this a Datakam Player settings thing or is it the dashcam itself having a wobbly now and again? Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
As it is a nextbase just get used to problems, many many problems, returns for batteries, freezing, time going out, date going out, settings changing of their own accord, turning itself off, not powering on to name but a few

Hmmm... here's a new one for me!

I seem to have an intermittent problem (only happened a couple of times so far) with the time on my 312GW, which is only noticable when I look at my journey on the Datakam Player.

View attachment 31482

As you can see from this image of the timeline, I actually started my journey at 20:27 (before the GPS had time to lock - the bit ahead of the grey area) and three minutes later after I came out of the multi-storey carpark the GPS locked on and the timeline lost an hour.

Incidently, the timestamp on the recordings remained at the correct time showing my journey from 20:27 to 20:54.

Is this a Datakam Player settings thing or is it the dashcam itself having a wobbly now and again? Any ideas?

Thanks

While trying to resolve the time discrepancy on my 402G I have just discovered that the battery on my Nextbase is on the blink. Obviously it is just out of warranty :rolleyes:. I hope this is not your problem.

For battery contact nextbase the service is excellent even if the quality/design of product isn't

you will need to adjust the timezone settings if the GPS takes an hour off, my G1W-s was doing the same until I realised I needed to accommodate daylight saving time

you will need to adjust the timezone settings if the GPS takes an hour off, my G1W-s was doing the same until I realised I needed to accommodate daylight saving time

I'm finding that I have to adjust the Datakam Player timezone setting to GMT+2 to get it to show the correct time on the speed timeline. All the settings on the 312GW are as they should be, as the timestamp on the recordings is always correct.

Had several email exchanges with Tiffany, who believes it to be a problem with the Datakam software, rather than the dashcam itself. Replay 3 (Nextbases own viewer) doesn't seem to show a timeline unfortunately, unless I'm not looking in the right place!

While trying to resolve the time discrepancy on my 402G I have just discovered that the battery on my Nextbase is on the blink. Obviously it is just out of warranty :rolleyes:. I hope this is not your problem.

Mine doesn't appear to be having a problem with the battery (as yet! ;)) - I take it, from reading other posts, I might not be so fortunate as it gets older. Incidentally, I'd be inclined to pursue that fault regardless of it just being out of warranty.

I'm finding that I have to adjust the Datakam Player timezone setting to GMT+2 to get it to show the correct time on the speed timeline. All the settings on the 312GW are as they should be, as the timestamp on the recordings is always correct.

Had several email exchanges with Tiffany, who believes it to be a problem with the Datakam software, rather than the dashcam itself. Replay 3 (Nextbases own viewer) doesn't seem to show a timeline unfortunately, unless I'm not looking in the right place!

If your cam is completely correct it'll be down to how datakam works with nextbase. My G1W-S was set up correctly but datakam shows the speed as double! My A118c works fine with datakam with no errors

If your cam is completely correct it'll be down to how datakam works with nextbase. My G1W-S was set up correctly but datakam shows the speed as double! My A118c works fine with datakam with no errors

Fair enough. I'll persevere with it, as I can't say as I'm that impressed with the other viewers that are out there.

Is the nextbase own viewer any good? My Mivue manager I never use because my 508s don't have GPS so There's nothing I need that Windows Media Player wont show me, but Datakam is probably as good as it gets for my other cams.... cant complain for free

I was asked to check my video footage using Replay 3 by grabbing it from the Nextbase 512GW downloads.

I didn't really have a good play with Replay 3 to be honest - it seemed ok and did the job, but I just couldn't seem to find any option for a timeline, which sort of defeated the object of checking my error.

I did try the free version of this.. https://dashcamviewer.com/ ..as well, but that had different 'windows' overlapping all over the place and I couldn't get my head around it. Perhaps it works best if you have a larger monitor rather than a 15.5 laptop.

Think I'll stick with Datakam, regardless of my original error ...as you say, it's a freebie, so mustn't grumble.

Back