Time lapse recording and Parking Auto Event detection will stop the A139 Pro from recording

acters

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will make this into sort of a how to guide on breaking the A139 Pro's recording abilities:

1. Connect to wifi with phone and load the VIOFO App
2. Turn off or pause recording, and enter the settings page
3. Set the Parking mode setting to OFF.
4. After Step 3, scroll up to the time lapse recording setting and configure it, I chose 10 fps.
5. After Step 4, go down to the Parking mode setting and change it to Auto Event Detection.
6. Reboot or switch to Parking mode.
7. ???
8. Find out a week later that your A139 Pro was not recording anything after an accident.

@VIOFO-Support Pls fix

Step 3 is important because if you have Auto Event Detection active before trying to change Time Lapse recording, it will tell you that it cannot change to time lapse recording. I was testing this time lapse recording feature and forgot to turn it off when I went back to set Parking Mode to Auto Event Detection.

So it dident even record normally ? is it looking as if it record ??
Thats for sure a bummer way to learn a faulty chain of command.

I have some times been thinking if a certain sequence of commands or settings could make a system operate in a unfortunate way, CUZ some times the problems some people report just dont make sense or seem impossible for people to replicate.

Its cool you have the chain of events so people with the 139 pro can try and replicate your settings.

One would be OK assuming that you can not select some unfortunate setting combination that will render the system inoperative or function in a not planned way.
Something like that / this would be hard for testers to catch i assume, i know myself i have a tendency to not test the other parking guard options as i prefer low bitrate recording ( 30 FPS )

I wish brands would help testers with devising a good testing procedure, which i think might find stuff like this VS testers just going on their merry way.

BTW you should probably tell what FW version you are on when this happened.

So it dident even record normally ? is it looking as if it record ??
Thats for sure a bummer way to learn a faulty chain of command.

I have some times been thinking if a certain sequence of commands or settings could make a system operate in a unfortunate way, CUZ some times the problems some people report just dont make sense or seem impossible for people to replicate.

Its cool you have the chain of events so people with the 139 pro can try and replicate your settings.

One would be OK assuming that you can not select some unfortunate setting combination that will render the system inoperative or function in a not planned way.
Something like that / this would be hard for testers to catch i assume, i know myself i have a tendency to not test the other parking guard options as i prefer low bitrate recording ( 30 FPS )

I wish brands would help testers with devising a good testing procedure, which i think might find stuff like this VS testers just going on their merry way.

BTW you should probably tell what FW version you are on when this happened.
I wonder if this is replicable on other people's cameras. latest V1.1_0629

Current markets from all industries are incentivized to release products and abandon older products. Advertising new stuff is more profitable than maintaining or improving older products. even if hardware needs to change to make improvements, there is no planning involved in recycling, reducing, or reusing the old version/product. There is no regulation in creating garbage and its polluting the world. I doubt any brand will ever test their products to proper levels and will go "on their merry way."

Indeed, but there are levels to launch and walk.
Viofo at least make a solid effort, where as many other smaller brands, you will not even see a single firmware update after launch.

I very much respect the people that do not update every single little chance they get, and even more so the people willing and talented enough to actually fix their stuff when it is broken.

Planned obsolescence like we some times see hints off, that's very bad.
I got my first TV at the age of 45, at the age of 54 -55 i was done with watching TV and gave it to my friend, and he now have a preview from his CCTV cameras going on the old 1080p LG TV

I intensely hate phones, so while i have one now as my old sick mothers primary care taker, well it do not get updated before it do not work, and i am not buying halo phones, i am myself on a pension, so even in little old pinkie Denmark that's not a whole lot.

i have the same camera and to be honest i cannot fault it "now" i had some sound issues but the camera was replaced and it works perfectly.

So in my settings my time-lapse setting is set too off in the "video setting" section
In the "system setting" section i have parking mode set to time-lapse 3fps and it all works fine i did start off with auto event detection but i found that too sensitive a leaf or raindrop would set it off.
i am on the same firmware.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.PNG
    IMG_1843.PNG
    285.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1844.PNG
    IMG_1844.PNG
    333.1 KB · Views: 7
i have the same camera and to be honest i cannot fault it "now" i had some sound issues but the camera was replaced and it works perfectly.

So in my settings my time-lapse setting is set too off in the "video setting" section
In the "system setting" section i have parking mode set to time-lapse 3fps and it all works fine i did start off with auto event detection but i found that too sensitive a leaf or raindrop would set it off.
i am on the same firmware.
I found the auto-event detection is not just sensitive as you said, it actually just going into a 2k resolution continous recording parking mode, it means it records without any motion detected and will not stop recording.

I found the auto-event detection is not just sensitive as you said, it actually just going into a 2k resolution continous recording parking mode, it means it records without any motion detected and will not stop recording.

This is one area where my Blackvue camera beats the viofo hands down and thats event detection, you were able in the app to select which parts of the screen you wanted active for event detection and it worked

This is one area where my Blackvue camera beats the viofo hands down and thats event detection, you were able in the app to select which parts of the screen you wanted active for event detection and it worked
However, the Blackvue 4k 2chs dashcam is pricing over £500, this is another level of product which is not comparable i think.

Back