Timelapse Tutorial for git2 please?

Kilumnati

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have never made time lapse yet on any device, anyone know a good tutorial on how to make one on the git 2? right down to the settings thanks

It's easy on the Git2:
  1. Turn the camera on with the power button.
  2. Enter the video setup using the menu button.
  3. Move to the Timelapse setting by pressing the power button 4 times.
  4. Select your frame rate using the shutter button.
  5. Exit the menu using the menu button.
  6. Start recording using the shutter button.
Notes:
  • It is a good idea to mount it on a tripod, unless it is on a dashcam mount.
  • The video will play back at 30 frames a second whatever frame rate you set it to record at.
  • There is also a photo timelapse in the photo settings, but that gives you photos not video.

whats a good frame rate to use for a good 8 hours timelapse

whats a good frame rate to use for a good 8 hours timelapse
8 hours * 60 minutes * 60 seconds = 28800 seconds
28800 / 30 fps = 960 seconds (16 minutes) playback if you set it to record 1 frame per second.
960 / 30 = 32 seconds playback if you set it to record 1 frame every 30 seconds.

If it is for use on the road then you probably want the fastest rate, otherwise it will be unwatchable, however it will still be a very long video that will soon get boring!

ya just wanted to make one in front of my house activities so what settings should you guys recommend me using so its not so boring lol

1 frame every 10 seconds is a good one to try for that, although you will miss a lot, a car can drive passed in 10 seconds and not be seen.

If you make it too long then you can always speed it up in a video editor so it is better to be too long than too short.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hko Git2 9
Caghan Git2 8
Back