Toguard c200

SHIGMAN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, has anyone purchased a 4k toguard c200? Daylight quality is fairly good but low light conditions and the night time quality are very poor, it has a sony 1.8 imx335 sensor and WDR, I've had cheaper dash cams than this with better low light and night time quality,

Don't have that camera but, in general, 4K cams don't excel in low light conditions because of the smaller individual pixel size limits the amount of light they can capture.

The IMX335 can do well at night; it's in the A119V3, the A139, and the B2K so you can check vids of those cams to see it's potential. The IMX291 is better at night, but has a lower native resolution so it's not as good daytime. No experience with the Toguard but on the cheaper side my B2K is a great value and for a little more the A119V3 is a very good cam and an excellent value.

Every cam is a compromise so choose based on what you need most. I do very little driving at night, and US plates are tough to capture, so I tend toward best daytime performance as long as night performance is decent. No matter which cam, the odds are that save for the closest cars I won't get plates at night but the UK plates are far more readable so this approach may be good enough for you too.

Phil

The IMX335 can do well at night; it's in the A119V3, the A139, and the B2K so you can check vids of those cams to see it's potential. The IMX291 is better at night, but has a lower native resolution so it's not as good daytime. No experience with the Toguard but on the cheaper side my B2K is a great value and for a little more the A119V3 is a very good cam and an excellent value.

Every cam is a compromise so choose based on what you need most. I do very little driving at night, and US plates are tough to capture, so I tend toward best daytime performance as long as night performance is decent. No matter which cam, the odds are that save for the closest cars I won't get plates at night but the UK plates are far more readable so this approach may be good enough for you too.

Phil
Nice one Phil, i was looking at a b4k yesterday, it's supposed to have the imx415 sensor in it but it shows to be very grainy on a night looking at YouTube videos of it , I've had a few dash cams over the years and found the azdome gs63h to be a good all rounder but they don't seem to last that long, i was looking at a A119 v3 yesterday, they don't look that bad do they? Decent crisp images both day and night, price in uk about £95.

I was speaking of the B2K, the B4K is a different cam. The B4K is true 4K, but at a rather basic level. Their B2K does better at night and has better overall image quality, but lacks a bit in details as it's only 2K. The A119V3 is hard to beat: reliable, well developed, great image quality day and night, and seems to endure well. The 'wedge' form-factor works well with most of today's cars. Anything else which does equal or better costs considerably more making it a very good value.

Phil

Back