Took my 0806 for a mini test

@RavenManiac thank you, I solved my issue of getting a rocking motion from the 0806 due to the ill designed mount that interacts with the body of the DVR, they may have solved the connection from getting loose but the design on the mount is or can be a big let down if like me you discover the rocking motion

this is how I solved my issue

a cable mount was wedged at the mounting section and then to counter act that I had to wedge a foam at the other end an, I am not a designer by any stretch of ones imagination and can be seen, what a let down when people see this DVR and I explain why its bodged up like it is

but surely people that handle the material its made of day in day out would take less than 3 minutes to see this is a very weak point, I am sure they (whoever agreed with this design) went with style above function when it came to its implementation

I had noting but hassle with my Blackview DR500GW, so much so I will never be seen with any of their products EVER, but one thing I will say, they designed the mount very well, in fact I would say it is truly a DVR that can be moved from one car to another year in year out, with no issues what so ever as the mount is just great, with the 08XX range, I dare not remove the DVR from the mount un less there is a very good reason for doing it and for moving it from one car to another (for me) is not a good enough reason as the mounting point between the DVR and mount are just not design good enough, something will give and more than likely it will be the snap of the mount

Now if only the Blackview delivered what was promised with the DR500GW I would of been pleased

here is the mount on the DR500GW, the people behind the 08XX should take note

@RavenManiac thank you, I solved my issue of getting a rocking motion from the 0806 due to the ill designed mount that interacts with the body of the DVR, they may have solved the connection from getting loose but the design on the mount is or can be a big let down if like me you discover the rocking motion

this is how I solved my issue

a cable mount was wedged at the mounting section and then to counter act that I had to wedge a foam at the other end an, I am not a designer by any stretch of ones imagination and can be seen, what a let down when people see this DVR and I explain why its bodged up like it is

but surely people that handle the material its made of day in day out would take less than 3 minutes to see this is a very weak point, I am sure they (whoever agreed with this design) went with style above function when it came to its implementation

I had noting but hassle with my Blackview DR500GW, so much so I will never be seen with any of their products EVER, but one thing I will say, they designed the mount very well, in fact I would say it is truly a DVR that can be moved from one car to another year in year out, with no issues what so ever as the mount is just great, with the 08XX range, I dare not remove the DVR from the mount un less there is a very good reason for doing it and for moving it from one car to another (for me) is not a good enough reason as the mounting point between the DVR and mount are just not design good enough, something will give and more than likely it will be the snap of the mount

Now if only the Blackview delivered what was promised with the DR500GW I would of been pleased

here is the mount on the DR500GW, the people behind the 08XX should take note

The Nano Q might be moving things in the right direction with regards to centrally located mounting options.

IMG_Q 1.gif IMG_q 2.gif IMG_Q 3.gif

The NanoQ mount certainly seems much more secure and stable but it makes the camera far less stealthy than it potentially could be considering the appealing design of the camera itself. It also doesn't provide any option for lateral left or right horizontal adjustment which was an issue that the mounting wedges included with the 0806 attempted to address. The mount on the NanoQ is merely a GoPro type mount stuck onto the GPS module rather than any attempt to actually design something that really addresses the needs of a camera like this. But yes, it is a move in the right direction, so obviously there is a recognition of the problem with the original mini 08xx approach to windshield mounting.

Last edited:
I had the Blackvue 650GW 1 CH for two days and returned it to Amazon. My main disappointment is the quality of the video. I could have lived with 1920x1080 but the bitrate was 8 kbps and things looked boxy. I would agree with you that it was well designed. (I had no need for the wifi stuff other than setup since I had no intention of putting LTE in my car).

Back