Traffic control lights playing games with me, ran the red light anyways

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
Aint gonna stop me though o_O

Here is a woman slowing for stopped traffic on the highway, wasn't really safe for her to do so. Looks like she also moved over to the left lane a bit. Meanwhile I let off of the gas and didn't brake. I didn't want to get slammed in the back and couldn't move over.

Guy getting handcuffed and placed in the back of a police cruiser on the side of the road.

Last edited:
the 1st video with traffic lights is bizarre how few times red / green changes with only few seconds difference. Maybe some programming error ?

That's a metered on ramp. I was on one a few days ago. The damn thing would change back to red before I could move the truck a foot. :(

I find you guilty. Not guilty. Guilty. Not guilty...

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Disco Stu,
says boogie on thru.

Oh yeah!

animateddisco.gif
tumblr_mg9y63XtrS1qh59n0o1_250.gif

Here's one of the type I was thinking about.

Minneapolis, MN area, and the cars weren't exactly doing much better than I was.

(most just blasted the damn things like they didn't exist.)

The light sequence is apparently switched to a timed program at 3 pm or so...whether or not it's needed.

Those merge lights are everywhere here.
In rush hour, the line there is so far back that they block the side streets.
I almost got rear ended once in non rush hour but light was on as I was slowing down but the car behind me was coming at full speed so I also pressed pedal to the metal on red.

If traffic is flying in the main lanes I'll blow those red lights so I have enough time to get up to speed to merge safely. But if traffic is bad, I'll stop for them.

If traffic is flying in the main lanes I'll blow those red lights so I have enough time to get up to speed to merge safely. But if traffic is bad, I'll stop for them.
A couple of times I've been forced to break the speed limit - through a friggen speed camera - to merge safely. Now that really sucks.
The people who design these systems, I'm lost for words. A speed camera right where a slip lane joins a motorway - can they not anticipate the consequences?
(Luckily I managed to keep slow enough to not get a ticket, or maybe the photo showed I had no choice and they saw sense, I don't know which.)

A couple of times I've been forced to break the speed limit - through a friggen speed camera - to merge safely. Now that really sucks.
The people who design these systems, I'm lost for words. A speed camera right where a slip lane joins a motorway - can they not anticipate the consequences?
(Luckily I managed to keep slow enough to not get a ticket, or maybe the photo showed I had no choice and they saw sense, I don't know which.)
yeah they know exactly what the consequences are. "CHA-CHING!"

i'll vote for the former. supposedly humans review red-light camera videos to see if you had to run it to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle, avoid an accident, or that you really stopped, but you crawled forward to see around the guy next to you to see if you could make a legal right on red. it's legal to go past the stop line in a situation like that, but only if you actually stop first.

i think idiots with large vehicles make a game of it - you creep forward to see if there's an opening, so they crawl ahead to block your view.

Back