transcend drivepro 100

countryman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the playback picture on my drivepro 100 is always very dark, have tried adjusting settings, but picture is fine when played on laptop, have contacted Transcend customer service who state that this is the only way to obtain a good picture ..hence no wifi....so if involved in a accident I will have to down load to my laptop to watch footage is this true to say?

It's normal to remove the micro sd and view the files in a desktop or laptop.

Just my thoughts. First off, I don't have a drivepro 100 so I'm not familiar with them. It sounds like you are correct but it would be no worry to me. The insurance company ultimately determines fault in an accident...the cops will investigate and document whatever they see/find. It is my own educated opinion that a police officer can not seize a dash cam video at an accident unless it is a severe one...ie a fatal wreck, or one more involved where a crime was committed....not just for an infraction. So if an officer were to say he/she was issuing a citation and you disagreed, simply and respectfully state you have video that tells otherwise and keep it for later. I see no need to have video immediately in any situation really...let someone else lie and expose it when your insurance company reviews the case....or if you're at fault you likely don't need or want video. I particularly chose a dash cam with no screen....to me, its just another part to fail, it distracts drivers, its a dead give away you have a dash cam (believe it or not people don't notice a camera without the screen, and I don't want them to!), and I don't know of any situation where you need it immediately unless you have no access to a computer. Hope this helps!

Hi, the playback picture on my drivepro 100 is always very dark, have tried adjusting settings, but picture is fine when played on laptop, have contacted Transcend customer service who state that this is the only way to obtain a good picture ..hence no wifi....so if involved in a accident I will have to down load to my laptop to watch footage is this true to say?

If you have an Android phone / tablet, you can use OTG reader to copy and show footage on the place. I always keep in my car 1 x OTG and 1 x spare clean MicroSD card in case ( God forbids ) I need to provide copy of video to Police on the place of accident.

Back