Transcend DrivePro 200 Firmware Version 2.0

Rich_D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Transcend DP200
Got myself a DrivePro 200 just before Xmas and was on the Transcend website today to download the software & user manual, when I noticed there were 2 different firmware revisions?

Link >>> http://uk.transcend-info.com/Support/No-498

My camera is running v1.26, but how do I know if I can run v2.0 and what benefits it offers?

Is anyone running v2.0?

The v2.0 firmware was not recognized by my DP200 (about a year old). I am going to assume 2.0 is for a newer hardware revision.

The v2.0 firmware was not recognized by my DP200 (about a year old). I am going to assume 2.0 is for a newer hardware revision.

Mine is only a couple of weeks old, so was tempted to try, but didn't want to brick it!

What happened when you tried v2.0? Did it just say not recognised and abort?

Mine is only a couple of weeks old, so was tempted to try, but didn't want to brick it!

What happened when you tried v2.0? Did it just say not recognised and abort?

The v2.0 firmware has a different .bin filename so when I followed the instructions in the install pdf my DP200 just said something like "no upgrade available"

Might give it a go then, see what mine says, it would be nice if they published some information though

I contacted Transcend about this, They say it is not possible to install on older devices (v1.26 and older)
I believe it is a newer hardware version that comes pre installed with v2.

Dave

I contacted Transcend about this, They say it is not possible to install on older devices (v1.26 and older)
I believe it is a newer hardware version that comes pre installed with v2.

Dave

Considering mine is almost new, I'm wondering when or where you get these later ones from and what's different!?

Considering mine is almost new, I'm wondering when or where you get these later ones from and what's different!?

Some time "newer bought" are from older stock. Ask Transcend by provding them a serial number so they can confirm is it from older or newer stock.

I got mine from Halfords last month, they will have bought a lot of them I suspect, it came with v1.26 installed and I'm happy with it.

I'm more curious as to how new these revised hardware ones are that run v2.0 and what changes there are or if there are any improvements.

I bought mine from Amazon last week and it came with 1.26v installed.

I see that Amazon UK are now advertising a Drivepro 200 V2 with a back up battery and a 32gb card. 2 - 5 week wait.

I have the original 200 and also a 220 in other half's car. I find that the 200 has a sharper picture.

Interesting, no mention of it on the Transcend website though

Back