Transcend DrivePro 250 - map in DrivePro Toolbox software displays incorrect location

martinu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Transcend DrivePro 250. Its GPS is working, as shown by the burned-in caption in the MP4 file, showing correct lat/long/speed/altitude. DrivePro Toolbox software displays the location/speed which I presume is extracting from the MP4 file.

But the map shows my location as being in the middle of the Atlantic (!) instead of on the east coast of the UK. Here's a screenshot.

I've zoomed the map back far enough to show recognisable land. I should be on the east coast of the UK, roughly north-east of the "r" in "Manchester". 54 deg 6 min N, 0 deg 24 min W (as shown on the video and extracted by DP Toolbox from the video file) is the correct location. SO why is the map displaying a huge horizontal blue line off the west coast of Ireland? Software error or something wrong with the data that the dashcam is recording?

drivepro-toolbox-png.65302

Attachments

• DrivePro Toolbox.png
    DrivePro Toolbox.png
    916.3 KB · Views: 11
Ah, I think I might have noticed a problem. Look at the coordinates below the map: "N54.10742 W23.96139". The burnt-in longitude is 0 deg 23.9857 min. It looks as if the longitude field in the software is reading the minutes field and interpreting it as degrees. And sure enough, 54 deg north 23 deg west is at about the place in the Atlantic that the blue line is on the Toolbox map.

Hopefully Dashcam Viewer will support the DrivePro 250 soon and I won't need to use DrivePRo Toolbox any more ;-)

DrivePro Toolbox 2.png

Back