Transcend DrivePro 220 - Emergency Recording - Question

PeterF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just purchased a new DrivePro 220, formatted the card as per instructions, problem is that the unit simply goes into 'Emergency Recording' mode

The unit is simply just sitting there..

Frustrated am I.

Suggestions please

Thanks Peter

All as new defaults, Parking Detection -off

I'm not familiar with what defaults settings they use, just trying to think of what might cause it, could of course be faulty, happens with any brand unfortunately

do you have another memory card you can try in case it's just a card problem?

Hi,

Check your G-sensor setting. If it is at high the camera is very sensitive.

regards Rainer

Hi,

Check your G-sensor setting. If it is at high the camera is very sensitive.

regards Rainer
Hi Rainer, good point, I did try, but even when straight out of the box it went into emergency recording, updated the firmware still the same, switching off the G sensor did work, but that's no use, switching the G sensor on again, lowest setting - yes you've guessed, just kept dropping into ER mode.

Shame really, nice bit of kit, lots of facilities, returned it to Halfords for a full refund

Might buy another, hopefully with no issues.......

Might buy another, hopefully with no issues.......

Hi PeterF,

Same brand and type or will you switch to another one ?

I live in Mexico and the availability of dashcam sales is very very limited and after looking at different cameras I decided to buy the Transcend Drive Pro 220 and Drive Pro 100.

I know there are better ones out there, but also the price is higher and as the US $ costs today a lot, I had to make a compromise, but all in all the few days I have used it I like it (I used to use a MioMivue 330 and the transcend is by far a lot lot better in Image Quality), except for the fact that when saving the GPS data it cuts off at the end around 8 to 12 seconds of data, which nowadayas should not happen.

This was mentioned in some other comment here and that is as mentiones a big flaw ...

If you drive at 180 km/h, then this means, that you have a missing part of about 400 to 600 meters :)

Hi PeterF,

Same brand and type or will you switch to another one ?

I live in Mexico and the availability of dashcam sales is very very limited and after looking at different cameras I decided to buy the Transcend Drive Pro 220 and Drive Pro 100.

I know there are better ones out there, but also the price is higher and as the US $ costs today a lot, I had to make a compromise, but all in all the few days I have used it I like it (I used to use a MioMivue 330 and the transcend is by far a lot lot better in Image Quality), except for the fact that when saving the GPS data it cuts off at the end around 8 to 12 seconds of data, which nowadayas should not happen.

This was mentioned in some other comment here and that is as mentiones a big flaw ...

If you drive at 180 km/h, then this means, that you have a missing part of about 400 to 600 meters :)
Good point, although I was also hoping to run it (and a rear as well) continuously using form of 12v UPS in the boot, you can buy one off eBay for a reasonable sum.

Hopefully I should.... be able to get back on track in the next few weeks or so, I will let you know how things progress, good to talk, regards Peter

Good point, although I was also hoping to run it (and a rear as well) continuously using form of 12v UPS in the boot, you can buy one off eBay for a reasonable sum.

Hopefully I should.... be able to get back on track in the next few weeks or so, I will let you know how things progress, good to talk, regards Peter

Hi Peter,

I am running 2 DV 220. One in the front and one in the reaer. My car has a 12V power plug in the rear.

I have also 2 more DV 220 and which I wanted to install in the booth. Perhaps later. Now I am testing the two DV 220 in one car.

I have the software DashcamViewer and the RegistratorViewer and comparing both. Each of the software has their Pros and Cons.

reagrds Rainer

Back