Transcend Memory Card Verification

Rayny2e

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S,Version 2
I just got my transcend memory card today that i had ordered on Amazon. I was happy to know that when i entered the SN# on the Transcend website it verified the card was real. This just helps with piece of mind with all the fake stuff out there now. Here is the Link if anyone needs it:

https://www.transcend-info.com/support/verification

Verify.png

Ok,so i just tried out my new 64 GB Transcend memory card (Image file in previous post above) and It reads the first few files all ok, then it won't read the last one. I Formatted it in the Camera twice,then took it back out on the road with the same results. It shows as FAT32 in properties on windows. The 32GB Card has no trouble at all,just this New 64 GB card. Any help would be appreciated.

This is just a "me too", so not much help. I just bought a Transcend 64GB High Endurance, went to the website and verified that it's not counterfeit, and it doesn't work at all in my Spy Tec A119...but then again, I haven't found a card yet out of 6 that I tried that will work. Very disappointed and ready to return to Amazon for a refund.

These cams are finicky about memory, in my limited experience. I have a Mini 0801 and a Mini 0805 and I've never had a memory card issue, so maybe I'm spoiled. The next dashcam that I buy after getting a refund will have to be compatible with the High Endurance card.
'

This is just a "me too", so not much help. I just bought a Transcend 64GB High Endurance, went to the website and verified that it's not counterfeit, and it doesn't work at all in my Spy Tec A119...but then again, I haven't found a card yet out of 6 that I tried that will work. Very disappointed and ready to return to Amazon for a refund.

These cams are finicky about memory, in my limited experience. I have a Mini 0801 and a Mini 0805 and I've never had a memory card issue, so maybe I'm spoiled. The next dashcam that I buy after getting a refund will have to be compatible with the High Endurance card.
'
Hopefully someone can sort this out for us. I'll try mine again in the morning. If i can't get it to work right it's going back and I'll stay with the 32gb that does work I guess.

when you power off do the lights go out instantly or do they stay lit for a few seconds?
I honestly don't know? I didn't think to look at that? I'll try to watch for that and report back to you tomorrow. It's just puzzling that it only happens on that 64gb card,but I'm sure you probably have an idea of what may be wrong. I hope we can solve this.

I honestly don't know? I didn't think to look at that? I'll try to watch for that and report back to you tomorrow. It's just puzzling that it only happens on that 64gb card,but I'm sure you probably have an idea of what may be wrong. I hope we can solve this.

check the power down and let us know how that goes then we'll know what you can check next

Will do that first thing in the morning. Thank you sir.
I just found the viofo forum with 3 full pages about this very issue, as recent as just 8 days ago. My camera is brand new version 2 and I only got to try it the past 2 days. I hope it's not defective capacitors? No one on viofo forum has it fixed yet,but some say the if they turn off the camera manually, the files are all ok, but if they turn off the car the last file is always corrupted so it's not my new memory card at all. Sounds like power being cut before the last file is written,which in theory sounds like the capacitors Job...?? Maybe viofo can comment here for us?

I just found the viofo forum with 3 full pages about this very issue, as recent as just 8 days ago. My camera is brand new version 2 and I only got to try it the past 2 days. I hope it's not defective capacitors? No one on viofo forum has it fixed yet,but some say the if they turn off the camera manually, the files are all ok, but if they turn off the car the last file is always corrupted so it's not my new memory card at all. Sounds like power being cut before the last file is written,which in theory sounds like the capacitors Job...?? Maybe viofo can comment here for us?

it does sound like that, having a look at how it behaves when it shuts down will tell you one way or the other

I've had a couple VIOFO customers in the last 6 months that had bad capacitors. (rare but it happens) I helped them out with a quick replacement. These things happen from time to time when it comes to electronics. That's why buying local from someone that gives good support is important. Imagine if you imported it from far away for example.

I've had a couple VIOFO customers in the last 6 months that had bad capacitors. (rare but it happens) I helped them out with a quick replacement. These things happen from time to time when it comes to electronics. That's why buying local from someone that gives good support is important. Imagine if you imported it from far away for example.

You're right, that's the reason i bought this Camera from only you in the first place. Your support is just amazing! If i have to send mine back to you because of this File corruption issue on Shut down, can you actually check the camera before returning it? I wouldn't want a refurbished camera as this is only a week old now. I'm gonna do more checking today and try to see exactly the circumstances that cause this power off file corruption. I'll try it with and without GPS,Then i'll try it with Cigarette lighter power,then i'll try shutting the Power button on the camera first before shutting the car off.. I'll pay attention to the lights on power off and hope we can isolate the problem.. to be continued...

you'll get sent a brand new camera

Good morning, i wanted to give a brief update here before going out driving to continue testing. Last night i spent a lot of time reading various sources and I found a page that talked about 64GB memory cards and how to format them for use in Dash Cameras. I followed that procedure last night and then formatted the 64GB card again in my Camera. I took a quick drive to the store and back this morning and i had no problem like I did last night. Of course i'll be heading back out to test some more today. I haven't changed anything else at all except to follow the formatting procedure and i'll attach the link here for newer users like myself to use. Again i'm using a new A119S Version 2 and i have it hard wired using the recommended kit and fuse block adapter with power going into the GPS Module. I did pay attention to the record light this morning after i shut the ignition off. The record light stayed ON for about 15 seconds or more?? Just a gestimate since i didn't time it exactly. The last file was not corrupted on this test drive to the store. I'll report back later on after i test drive a bit more. Here is the link that I followed last night:
http://support.spytecinc.com/help/64gb-sd-card-formatting-guide

***UPDATE***
As many of you know,i'm a total noob to Dash cams. I have to go through the learning process and that means relying on the great people of this forum for help and guidance. I can't thank you all enough for your support and help. I read and research as best I can to try to learn more. After posting my problem on here about the 64GB card, Jokiin replied to me and asked if it was just the Last File that was corrupt (and yes it was) and he also asked what was the record light status when I turned off the car. That made me stop and think.. about burning a DVD and not Finalizing it.. same analogy. But what was causing my Issue?? I saw a post by forum Member CaptureYourAction on another Forum where he mentioned to be sure the record light was OFF before removing the memory card. Seems so simple,but WHO knew?? So i actually now believe that perhaps i didn't wait long enough to remove the memory card after shutting off the car because that record light does stay on for quite awhile. I tried the Camera several times this morning and i have no corrupt files. I think this probably happens to many noobs such as myself and I hope someday I can pass this info on to someone to help them as you all have helped me. I'm sure i'll have other questions along the way,this is how i'll learn from you. Thank you all again and I am very thankful for this forum.

Last edited:
I just got my transcend memory card today that i had ordered on Amazon. I was happy to know that when i entered the SN# on the Transcend website it verified the card was real. This just helps with piece of mind with all the fake stuff out there now. Here is the Link if anyone needs it:

https://www.transcend-info.com/support/verification

View attachment 30793
So i just decided to check my videos from this past 10 days and i got a surprise. Nothing was recorded since May 28th and i have been using the camera and it appeared to be recording. When i put the memory card in the computer to read it as i always do it said there was file corruption and wanted to fix it. I'm still using the Transcend (verified Genuine) 64GB High Endurance card and i always format it in the Camera. I am using firmware 1.4 as i didn't see a need to upgrade to 1.6 yet. Any ideas.... ?? I'm not sure if it is even over writing the old files since it just shows my last video was May 28th even though i've been using the camera every day??

As a simple test pop the card out of the camera, hook it up to your PC and copy something on there and give it a name you can easily remember.

Eject the card from Windows, give it a few minutes and then pop it back in and see if the file is still there.

The problem is either the card is too corrupted to write too and a Windows scan / chkdsk will fix it, or potentially the card has flipped into read only mode and that's why nothing has been created since the 28th (and the above test should prove it pretty easily) :)

If it gets past all those checks format it and run it through h2testw which will test if the card is good or not.

https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N A119S 10
10512 A119S 25
Back