Transcend Micro SDHC Comparison

rogcj

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Nextbase 322GW
I was looking at buying a class 10 32GB Transcend micro SDHC but there are 2 types - Ultimate 600X and Premium 300X.

If I am reading the bumph correctly the 600X reads at 90mbs and the 300X at 45mbs (more or less :))

Would the video recording be better if I used the 600X in a Dashcam or will the 300X give me a similar result?

Last edited:
Seems the read speed is generally more of a difference on faster cards which may be more convenient for when you want to get files off the card, can't say I've ever seen a card that performs anywhere near their advertised speeds though

What camera do you want it for?

DOD LS330W. As is the way, they say it depends on the camera. :rolleyes:

Essentially I was trying to find the best card for best results.

I am using a Transcend 16GB 300X at the moment as I am playing around with my new gadget to see how things work, so I know that this make is compatible with the LS330W. Thought I would stick with that manufacturer.

That is one of many good things about the forum. Having trawled through it before deciding which Dashcam to buy I discovered many snippets of helpful info. Transcend or Samsung SD cards for DOD cameras was one. Think I will just go for the 300X. Writes at 20mbs so seems a good compromise between quality and price.

Thanks for the pointers.

There's actually two types of Transcend Premium, the plain black Premium (133 x), and the red stripe Premium 300x (UHS-1).

Mymemory still has the 300x version for £10.99. £1 more than the 133x version :-http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-32GB-Premium-Micro-SDHC-with-Adapter-Class-10-_-UHS-1-45-MB_s?utm_campaign=Transcend+32GB+Micro+SD+Card+-+Free+UK+Delivery+&utm_medium=mymemory&utm_source=spotlight

You'll probably only see a benefit from the extra speed when copying files to your PC, and only then if your card reader is fast enough.

I had the 16GB Transcend Class 10 red stripe Premium 300X. As I was happy with it I ordered a Class 10 32GB Premium 300X. What I had delivered was a Class 10 Samsung Plus 32GB micro SDHC UHS-1 Card.

Bit of a conundrum. :eek: Is the Samsung card as good as the Transcend? Should I complain? I got the Samsung at the same price as the Transcend, and I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth - so to speak. ;) Only problem that I can think of is, will the Samsung work equally as well as did the Transcend in my DOD LS330W.

If it's genuine it should be more than fine for dashcam use - the only way you'd tell a difference usually is running something like CrystalDiskMark which benchmarks the performance of the controller on the memory card.

Those super quick cards are best for things like DSLR cameras where they want to do burst mode - these little dashcams are only really generating 2MB/sec tops usually for a channel. It's memory cards that have slow memory controllers that normally cause the problem looping as it needs to delete a file quickly so it can be recording the new stuff and some cards are just really slow.

I've got a Samsung 70MB/sec (for reads) card and it's totally overkill but works great in every cam I've tried yet :)

The Samsung writes at 20MB/s so I am assuming it will be fast enough for a dashcam. :)

Back