Transfluent U23 - Lightbulb mounted wifi camera - great for CCTV

I wonder if that would cause reflection problems with the IR illumination like it does with a car windshield?

I know there are lightbulb cams made which look like a real bulb, but they are either not this good on video quality or quite expensive. Give it a few more years and the problems will be worked out and cams will be hiding in the most unexpected places the whole world over!

Phil

I know the Hikvision dome cameras could have IR reflection issues in the cameras but they worked around it with a foam seal against the glass so the IR doesn't reflect back - it's supposed to work well.

If you had a fancy lightshade it would be more inobtrusive - I'll try and grab one next week.

Stability wise it's totally rock solid - I've got it hooked up to Blue Iris and it's been great so far.

If you had a fancy lightshade it would be more inobtrusive - I'll try and grab one next week.

Stability wise it's totally rock solid - I've got it hooked up to Blue Iris and it's been great so far.
Where I grew up some would hang it up with an extension cord ;)

Zero issues so far - it's working brilliantly in conjunction with Blue Iris :)

Would that work outside on a porch covered by a roof, but open
Sorry I've just spotted your reply - it should do as long as it has a wifi connection and a socket it should work!

This has been turned on since the day it arrived without a single issue and has picked up every single time I've been in and out of the house!

I've got to admit I'm very happy with this and need to start collating everything for a proper review on this - it's not cheap but it's been rock solid so far.

Sorry I've just spotted your reply - it should do as long as it has a wifi connection and a socket it should work!

This has been turned on since the day it arrived without a single issue and has picked up every single time I've been in and out of the house!

I've got to admit I'm very happy with this and need to start collating everything for a proper review on this - it's not cheap but it's been rock solid so far.
No problem thanks for the reply. I am going to pick one of those up and try it on my porch. I can think of several variations on mounting, so this might work for me.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to try mate :)

I've finally gotten around to getting a microSD card in this so I'll leave it running for the weekend and see what's on the card next week :)

It has been rock solid since the day it arrived connected via RTSP :)

OK I've just pulled the card to see how the U23 behaves.

Basically it records 24x7 in 1920x1080 full HD quality in 1 minute intervals (all on the root of the memory card)

The video is VBR format - if there is no motion detected the file sizes are very small (410Kbps - around 3MB per minute) as nothing is moving in the frame - the largest files I have go up to 2Mbps (15MB per minute).

It sounds low but as these cameras are pretty much showing a static image with no motion this is why they are much lower than the bitrate used in dashcams.

Sample footage below:

@reverend Not asking for you to change where your camera is at, just wondering if it was outside under an overhang how far to the left and right would the field of view be? Interested in your opinion

hehe that window would not be the one to enter via as a unwanted "guest" :D

I think the FOV is less than 120 deg,,,,, link in #1 to seller say 120 deg so good guess on my part :) if you need more i see no reason as to why you couldent upgrade the lens to another wider megapixel lens.

Back