Truck rearends slower truck, Illinois

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many

My guess is the Kenworth thought he could slip between the slower truck in the right lane, and the truck that moved to the left lane, but misjudged the speed. (And/or is a predatory idiot)

I'm a bit surprised by how little damage was done to the trailer compared to the Kenworth.

He hit him pretty 'square', but there is probably more damage to the trailer than it seems.

Oooooooo poor Kenworth :eek:

I assume the driver of it was doing somthing else but driving.

OMG I've driven that stretch of I-55 so many times in years gone by! But why was the slow truck in the right lane going so slow? Not that that excuses the truck that slammed into him. :(

The poster of the video said the slow truck had been pulled over on the side of the shoulder, and just re-entered the highway. Not sure if having truck problems, or what?

The poster of the video said the slow truck had been pulled over on the side of the shoulder, and just re-entered the highway. Not sure if having truck problems, or what?
Well no matter how heavy the truck that hit him was, he had plenty of time to slow down or even stop. But he never hit the brakes, and it was still in gear, which you can tell since the drive wheels were locked but the other wheels were still rolling.

It been a long time since the last time I drove a tractor-trailer (2005) and the Kenworth was driving way to fast in the slow lane and it don't look like he ever hit the brakes when he impact into the back of the trailer (must been on cruise and day dreaming). This driver don't need to be on the road anymore. I lost my job back in 2005 over a rollover accident at 25 mph and yet got another job in truck driving. I sure do miss driving and the money, but I don't miss the crazy drivers out there.

Back