TV documentary about Dashcams

Shine TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I am from Shine TV, one of the leading production companies in the UK and makers of programmes such as Masterchef and One Born Every Minute.

We are looking to make a new documentary about dashcams and I was wondering if you guys could help me. What do you think would be the best way to contact current/potential dashcam owners? I think we would want access to their dashcam footage over a period of time to use in the programme.

It would be great to hear your thoughts on this and whether it would be logistically possible!

Thanks everyone.

Best,

Liana

posting here is a good start, plenty of UK users on this forum, not sure if any are looking for their 15 minutes of fame but you'd probably need to be a bit more detailed about what you have in mind, how the footage would be used, whether their audio would be edited out (privacy reasons) etc

if it raises awareness of the product in a positive sense it would be good, would like to see the finished product

Just wanted to let everyone know that Liana contacted me via email and I suggested she post on the forum for UK members who are ok with sharing their dash cam videos. I can confirm she is from Shine TV. Looking forward to seeing the documentary as well.

I would also be interested in seeing how this turns out as a finished product. Really looking forward to some great UK users here to put DashCams in a fair and good light showing how they offer great protection and piece of mind against bad drivers. Also hoping the segment takes a second to point out the knock offs VS the real ones.

Also hoping the segment takes a second to point out the knock offs VS the real ones.

without even being brand specific or looking like an advertorial it would be good if at least the benefits of a Full HD camera were shown against some of the poorer examples and what a difference it can make to have good clear footage

the race to the bottom is currently at a very low level and it would be nice if people had some better idea of why cheap product is cheap

Back