Two Dashcams: One Smooth & One Jerky

Marzipan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I owned a F900LHD that works satisfactorily so I got another. However, the new one has grainy video and displays jerky when recording as well as on play back. The cameras differ in construction including buttons.

Look at the file data below. Any insight into why NEWcam produces smaller files and poor video.

NEWcam.AVI .... Resolution FHD ..... 11,945 kb ..... 12 seconds ...... 995 kb/s
OLDcam.AVI ..... Resolution FHD ..... 21,443 kb ....... 7 seconds .... 3,063 kb/s

Did you buy a real one? Maybe you can exchange it.

they may look similar and be sold under the same model number but they're different cameras

This is a big problem. No one can know what a good cam is when so many different versions exist. We can not know that a x10 cam is great when there are 29 different versions of a x10 some of which are well made and others are pure junk.

The more I see posts this this one (admittedly now dated) the less confident I become that buying any dash cam will get me what I think I am buying. This industry needs massive change or mass extinctions to cause that change so people can trust what they are buying.

The more I see posts this this one (admittedly now dated) the less confident I become that buying any dash cam will get me what I think I am buying. This industry needs massive change or mass extinctions to cause that change so people can trust what they are buying.

unfortunately when price is the motivator of choice many will make wrong decisions and there are many that will take advantage of those types of customers

unfortunately when price is the motivator of choice many will make wrong decisions and there are many that will take advantage of those types of customers

This pretty much sums up the whole race to the bottom win/lose concept. Pump and dump factories win, customers lose.

Mobius is an honourable exception to this trend. Cheap but reliable, durable, repairable, with a proven track record of continuing support from the developer, & an approved dealer network to guarantee buyers receive the genuine product.

Another recent instance of Mobius being quoted as an example to other manufacturers of what customers want...

"Here is the difference between Mobius and Blackview: Mobius does not have a branded manufacturer, no website, even no colorful boxes, but a great support thread and constant firmware updates with bug fixes and new features. Blackview has 2 websites, send products in colorful boxes but when the support is needed, there is not a single person who can help and firmware is not available for downloads, not even any old version! Both info@szdome.com and service@blackview.com.cncompletely ignored my questions, they even did not answered that they cannot help. Just silence. I hate such support..."

Shenzhen DOME--- [Leading Manufacturer of Car DVR] -- Brand/OEM/ODM

Last edited by a moderator:
Back