Two idiots within moments of each other!

sludgeguts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.
Looking at the date/time stamp, these two incidents happened moments apart.

That second clip is the exact same roundabout where I encountered a big red bus!

See the first clip, is that the blue van on the roundabout at about 9 seconds, its on the outside lane, I can't see where that van goes, if it isn't the same van than where did it come from, that road on to the roundabout only looked like a single lane, if it was the same van then it looked like the driver assumed the van was pulling off so pulled out, which might explain the drivers reaction once he got ahead

See the first clip, is that the blue van on the roundabout at about 9 seconds, its on the outside lane, I can't see where that van goes, if it isn't the same van than where did it come from, that road on to the roundabout only looked like a single lane, if it was the same van then it looked like the driver assumed the van was pulling off so pulled out, which might explain the drivers reaction once he got ahead
It can't be the same van. If it was doing a U turn (or a 180) then it would be hugging the centre of the roundabout. Even if it started to pull off at that exit but the driver changed his mind, it still wouldn't be coming in parallel to the camera (at 16s), it'd be at a much sharper angle as per the blue car (at 15s).
On closer inspection (fullscreen @ 1080p), you can just make out at 11s, the blue car that passes in front at 15s is about halfway along the offside of the van so he would be unable to continue around unless he braked - but then he'd be following that blue car closely.
And yes, that entry lane isn't marked for two lanes (just like the one the cam car comes down) but it is plenty wide enough for two vehicles whereas the exits aren't.
The local council need to make a serious effort to get some lines on a lot of their roads.

The roundabout is one of those dodge 2 lanes on 1 lane exit which are a pain in the ärse an can be very dangerous. I take your point about the angle being almost parallel and far to tight, but if you look carefully the blue car is on the inside lane the whole way round meaning the van was probably in the wrong lane but the parallel angle can be explained but the van swerving hard to the right if cut up ( because he was in the wrong lane) to go around the car by passing on the inside.

I dont think its clear enough to assign blame, the car driver could very well have pulled out in front of him which would then explain the bad response from the van, unless of course something happened on the approach which wasn't covered by a camera the van driving then aggressively overtook on to the roundabout then decided to make his feelings known on the exit.

It's not the same van. I took a screenshot & zoomed in as best I could. the van coming round at 11s is a small van - like a ford transit connect or similar and looks to be purple rather than the blue of the transit.

Back