Two Passive Aggressive Undertakers, Brake Checks, and Road Rage

S P

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2
Yep....

The Chrysler 200 driver was 10+ car-lengths back and I had matched his speed after I merged. I cleared out of the right lanes as quickly as possible to make way for other mergers. He punched it into the right lane just to pass me because I dunno, had a point to prove or something? Then he exited. What in the hell was the point of that, especially considering that he did that maneuver in the RIGHT lane that other people needed to merge into?

The KIA a minute later got right up my butt so far I could barely even see his hood in my rearview mirror. I was about to move right so he could pass when the Mercedes exited because he was obviously in such a hurry, but he couldn't wait, did yet another undertake, and then dangerously cut back in front of me without even a single car-length buffer. I just had enough at that point. Two dangerous stupid maneuvers in not even a minute, and I'm simply cruising to lunch. I just assumed he was going to do something stupid at that point, switched over to the right lane quick and got on it to go around, and sure enough he BRAKE CHECKS ME! Yeah except I wasn't there anymore, you f*cking ****! No, he didn't exit either!

You know, I try to drive nice in this car, but I'm convinced at times that people just see the "blue BMW" and HAVE to pull these stupid ass maneuvers around me. Then, when I'm forced into hard-core defensive driving mode because of said moronic maneuvers, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy about BMW drivers supposedly being such 'aholes' when I aggressively maneuver around them.

It's almost better if I do drive like an overly-assertive BMW driving jerk, because then people tend to stay out of the way and don't pull stupid crap like this. You just can't win. Say what you will...

Back