U1000 FIRMWARE UPDATE 1.00.16

What's New?
Improved SD card recognition

(whatever that may mean)
Hopefully it won't mess up my working SanDisk 512GB Extreme. It's been working perfectly on 1.00.15 . I guess I'll soon find out. I upgraded today as I was leaving the office.

Hopefully it won't mess up my working SanDisk 512GB Extreme. It's been working perfectly on 1.00.15 . I guess I'll soon find out. I upgraded today as I was leaving the office.
Yes, let this thread know if there are any problems.

I flashed my unit today and am hoping for the best.

Well, almost a week and no issues so far.

Finally got my new car and (re)installed my cameras today.
Did upgrade without any problems

I just got a U1000, and started reading about the shock sensitivity issue. I'm yet to install the camera, but wonder if anyone who upgraded noticed any improvement on this front (ie reduced sensitivity). Is shutting the door closed still causing false positives?

TIA

I don't think I'd consider that a negative.
Closing a door is a pretty minor impact, if the camera did not trigger on that, I'd be concerned that it wouldn't trigger if someone were to hit my car when parked.
It's easy enough to ignore "Parking events detected - 6" when you get into the car and see no damage.
OTOH, I'd be bummed to come out and find damage and the camera not record anything.

The continuous event recording (when driving) is a tad sensitive, triggering on RR tracks and sometimes even lane marking dots, but again, the purpose of the camera is to record accidents, high sensitivity is not a bad thing.

I have a 512gb card, and drive about 3-4 hours every day.
My continuous recording partition stores about 8-10 days worth of constant video.
The parking and in-motion storage went all the way back to the end of October when I checked a couple of days ago.

same here

while driving impact is set to lowest
in park mode at highest.

I don't mind if there's a lot of useless footage.
they day I need it I'll be happy to go through all the clips to find the right one ...

Well, my point is that the impact sensitivity in Parking Mode even when set to "Lowest" is still too high. I'd prefer there is some room for adjustment, both up and down thus the preferred setting should be somewhere in the Middle

Edit: I installed the camera yesterday, and it looks like sensitivity hasn't improved (still too high IMO)

My unit still registers my entry and exit when parked and I don't really care as long as it captures the import stuff like someone damaging my car while parked.

Dear Forum,

My first Thinkware U1000 after using Blackvue's.

I updated to 1.00.16 but have the following problems.

Configuration: U1000, second camera, Radar module.

I do manage to connect via WIFI however:
- I do not see the network function settings in menu.
- I do not see RADAR possibility (enable/disable) under Dashcam settings.

the android app hangs often on my Samsung Flip 3.

I already twice reinstalled the firmware.

Any advice is very welcome.

Pedro

I just upgraded from a Note S10+ to a Note S20 Ultra. Since I had the new phone I also went ahead and updated to 1.00.16.

I noticed 2 things:

#1 - I cannot enable the RADAR (as mentioned above)
#2 - I cannot cannot via hotspot. This was working perfectly with the previous phone.

When I reached out to support (via chat), I asked the question below.

(10:39:54 PM) Customer Support 03: Ya our app has been having some issues lately that we are working on fixing
(10:40:06 PM) Customer Support 03: but again, please delete then redownload the app and try again
(10:40:12 PM) Customer Support 03: *again
(10:40:38 PM) RC: so is it an issue with the FW 1.00.16 or app... because it was working fine prior to upgrading to 1.00.16
(10:55:30 PM) Customer Support 03: not entirely sure
(10:55:42 PM) Customer Support 03: could be either

Thoughts? I've deleted and re-installed and no luck.

I installed this update and within a week or two, the 64GB (included) Thinkware memory card no longer works. A few days before it stopped working, I also saved my first clip onto the card itself. Could be coincidence...

The U1000 was acting bonkers until I inserted a spare 32GB card I had lying around and formatted it (by holding the REC button), and it's back to working normally.

So the included 'superior' Thinkware 64GB card became corrupt/unusable in less than 6 months of ownership...

It was a pretty cold night (-4 C), so maybe it wasn't the firmware update's fault...

I just upgraded from a Note S10+ to a Note S20 Ultra. Since I had the new phone I also went ahead and updated to 1.00.16.

I noticed 2 things:

#1 - I cannot enable the RADAR (as mentioned above)
#2 - I cannot cannot via hotspot. This was working perfectly with the previous phone.

When I reached out to support (via chat), I asked the question below.

(10:39:54 PM) Customer Support 03: Ya our app has been having some issues lately that we are working on fixing
(10:40:06 PM) Customer Support 03: but again, please delete then redownload the app and try again
(10:40:12 PM) Customer Support 03: *again
(10:40:38 PM) RC: so is it an issue with the FW 1.00.16 or app... because it was working fine prior to upgrading to 1.00.16
(10:55:30 PM) Customer Support 03: not entirely sure
(10:55:42 PM) Customer Support 03: could be either

Thoughts? I've deleted and re-installed and no luck.

I just finished downgrading my Note20 Ultra back to Android 11 which was interesting but I got it done. I will try to connect the Thinkware software in a couple of hours (need to get some sleep first) and see if that takes care of the issues I had.

OK it works... everything is back to normal (except for the Radar) now that I am on Android 11. I am assuming the Radar issue is due to the 1.00.16 FW from Thinkware. I will reach out to them and see what they think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 11
T U1000 3
H U1000 1
E U1000 4
karim174 U1000 2
Back