U1000 won't connect to iphone any longer

Samwings

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
Thanks in advance for any help! I recently installed my U1000 with the radar attachment and am running it through a powercell 8 external battery. It's currently not hardwired and is being powered by the AC car adaptor. The problem that I've been having is that two days after I installed it, I'm no longer able to connect it by any method to with my iphone running iOS 15.5. Originally, I was able to connect to the dashcam via wifi as well as my phone's hotspot, but that is no longer the case. At this time, the signal indicator on the dashcam will not light up. The light that indicates it is recording is always blinking and the dashcam produces the double beeping, however the signal indicator won't light up under any circumstance. Pressing the wifi button does nothing. The wifi no longer shows up as an available connection on my iphone or my friends iphone. As such, I have no way to review the footage without manually taking out the micro SD card and reviewing it on a desktop.

I saw there were previous issues with iOS 14.5 and the hotspot, but those issues seem to be resolved. I've sent screenshots and inquired help with thinkware support but they've not been able to provide guidance outside of asking me to delete the app on my iphone and factory restoring the dashcam. I've done both of these multiple times to no avail. At this point, I'm unsure what to do and am about to attempt to return the dashcam. Has anyone dealt with this issue or has would anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks again!

what if you unhook camera for abt 1hr ?
that solved an issue i had with wifi (though not exactly same as you)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 11
T U1000 3
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
Back